Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

R9 290 BAD fps in game!

Endeffekt
Endeffekt
Soul Shriven
Hey guys. I am really annoyed, got an msi r9 290 twin frozr with i5 2500k and get really bad fps in this game. Even worse frames in towns. Even on medium settings its choppy as hell.. i have tried the latest drivers and beta drivers, but no fix.

Any1 else having problems with their cards?
:(
  • lachmans
    lachmans
    I have the msi r9 290 4G version. I haven't had any problems so far... Is your motherboard up-to-date with bios version? I've had problems with my card with other games. But since i updated my bios version all problems were solved.
  • Endeffekt
    Endeffekt
    Soul Shriven
    hmm i will have a look. basically i just get the latest drivers for my motherboard?
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6970 here, no fps issues on ultra.

Check your catalyst control center for things like vsync or if you have the AA etc. activated. Maybe TESO and your card don't utilize that well with the setting on, or run the new ATI app to optimize your game. Maybe this will help.

If it doesn't check if your card might get to hot and has to slow down. Most of the FPS drops gamers experience are either driver related or cooling issue´s if the hardware is up to date which yours obviously is, at least the CPU and GPU are fine.

If I can run it on ultra, you must be able to as well ;)

BIOS is also an option, but only do it fi you know what you are doing, it can fry your system if don't wrong.
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Nvidia 780ti

Nope....no issues here :D
  • lachmans
    lachmans
    Endeffekt wrote: »
    hmm i will have a look. basically i just get the latest drivers for my motherboard?
    be carefull while update-ing your Bios. Please read all instructions before updating it.

• Thesiren
    Thesiren
    ✭✭✭
    Radeon 7970 and i7 3.4 gig here and no problems whatsoever on ultra.

Even my daughter's 4 year old rig with a 2.8 gig Athlon 64 and ti 560 nvidia runs it perfectly on high res character model and world settings (draw distance set halfway, ground clutter and shadows off and water at medium though).

Try updating your drivers, running the Disk Defragmenter from Windows on your hard drive, and then if those don't help, lowering some of your settings. Shutting off shadows and grass/ground clutter helps just about everyone in every game.
    Edited by Thesiren on April 6, 2014 7:02PM
  • jelliedsoup
    jelliedsoup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's bad? I range between 20-60 with a HD7770 on a customised high setting.
    www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Ks8_KGHqmO4
  • Endeffekt
    Endeffekt
    Soul Shriven
    got an i5 2500k with r9 290 aftermarket... i get about 15-30 fps in cyrodil battles ><
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues for me
    i5 w/ radeon 2gb graphics
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Are you running in the last setting fullscreen exlcusive I think.. there was some discussion irg to this being a requirement for sli to be picked up by ESO (all theory). Also, make sure your sli is enabled (if ati requires it) in the windows X setup. I didn't do this with my nvidia's right off and couldn't figure out why the speed wasn't better...
  • zhevon
    zhevon
    ✭✭✭✭
    xfx r9 270X with old intel motherboard and 8G memory running Vista!; no obvious issues (other than the drivers being a difficult to install).

Please post your dxdiag.

[edit : I apparently was asleep when I wrote this originally; the model number now corrected]
    Edited by zhevon on April 8, 2014 7:53PM
  • Pixelex
    Pixelex
    ✭✭✭
    i7-4770K
    MSI R9 280X Gaming 3G

Absolutely no Problems so far.
    Meisterangler alias Masterfischi
    www.pixelex.net
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact support and see if they can link the cause to your specific PC. Your spec is more than able to deal with ESO so it's certainly not a hardware issue from the limited info you've posted. Good luck with it :)
  • Endeffekt
    Endeffekt
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah it really makes no sense... should i be getting such bad fps in towns and medium/large pvp encounters? maybe its just normal? :S