The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to preview an item style before crafting it?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
When crafting let's say a Julianos Fire Staff when choosing the style I see like a little gray staff picture which somewhat shows what the staff will look like. Is there a way to see the "actual" way it will look when crafted "before" crafting it? Or do I just need to go look them up somewhere online first?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, go into collections > weapon styles and you can preview all weapon styles from there, even ones you don't own.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re on PC you can use the Item Preview addon, which works for crafted gear, weapons, and furnishings.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    If you’re on PC you can use the Item Preview addon, which works for crafted gear, weapons, and furnishings.

Sadly no stuck on PS4, I miss my PC.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Sadly no stuck on PS4, I miss my PC.

My condolences
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter? You get one free outfit for each character, and you can include their weapons. Make them a placeholder, and attach the looks in the outfit system (where you get to preview it on the character) . The added benefit of this method is that sometimes the lower level items look better than the higher ones. Plain, and efficient, versus elaborate.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Yeah, go into collections > weapon styles and you can preview all weapon styles from there, even ones you don't own.

This is your best option on console. Sure, you can't see the preview while in the crafting UI, but you still get to see what the item looks like.
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Does it matter? You get one free outfit for each character, and you can include their weapons. Make them a placeholder, and attach the looks in the outfit system (where you get to preview it on the character) . The added benefit of this method is that sometimes the lower level items look better than the higher ones. Plain, and efficient, versus elaborate.

This. on both Console and PC, you get to see what it looks like on your character. Make sure you have the show locked option toggle, so all the ones you don't know show up. then dress your toon up in anything! (can't save it unless you have the motif unlocked though).
  • Mithrazielle
    Mithrazielle
    ✭✭
    If you know how to do it, it's in your 'collections'. You can preview it there.
  • EitherGuard
    EitherGuard
    ✭✭✭
    Collections, everyone already got it. lol
    Happy even through the toughest of times.