The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imperial history should equal different passives

rexagamemnon
rexagamemnon
✭✭✭✭✭
For the sake of being objective i have a biased for the imperials, they are my favorite race to play as. But if you look at the history of the bretons, the bretons are essentially nedes(humans) mixed with elves, more specifically the derenni clan of elves. Well if you look at the history of the Imperials they should be some kind of magical and fighting juggernaut because if i remember my lore correctly they are a mix of nedes and nords/atmoran that were enslaved by the aylieds(a branch of elves). Obviously with this enslavement there would be some “intermingling”. With this in mind shouldnt the Imperials have buffs to health and stamina like they do in the game as well as magika and mag recovery?
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colovians should take 100x more damage from all sources and the Nibenese should be immortal.

I think this sounds fair.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly there is an assumption about the intermingling. If it was the case, and especially to a wide scale that actually matters, they would no longer be Imperials, but a new race just like the Bretons.

Though I do understand the desire for fan based lore.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nibenese are, in-lore, more elf and Akaviri focused, but I don't recall the Ayleids ever using their slaves for any other purpose but slavery.

The Colovians did get connections with the Nords; (Cyro-Nords), hence why their culture grew in a different direction than that of the Nibenese; being more centered around the Gods, warfare, and honest labor.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So max health, max stam, max mag and mag recovery passives? Don't forget they have an all conquering army, they should have increased physical and magical damage done as well. Anything else you wish for?
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So max health, max stam, max mag and mag recovery passives? Don't forget they have an all conquering army, they should have increased physical and magical damage done as well. Anything else you wish for?

Well thats certainly a start! Lol
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i recall the lore right, imperials r by default weaker than any other races, but their armies r bigger and better organised.

imo, racial passives should only ever give "gimmick" buffs, like +2% more inspiration for smithing, 1% cheaper repairs at vendors of your race, less fall dmg and so on.

combat specific boni should be on stuff u can change easily, (and w/o ruining your looks) like e.g. mundus stones, where u can first pick e.g. the Warrior (+10% HP, + 10% Stamina, +20% health and stam regen) and than choose between Lady (+10% crit), Lord (+8% melee dmg) or Steed (+15% movement speed). than u could do some fancy stuff with the serpent or tbs.
  • BrokenString
    BrokenString
    ✭✭✭
    Since there are 3 diferent cultures of imperials, Zos could make something that you could choose your Imperial culture. It would be fair since the race is locked behind paid dlc. One for stam, one for health and one for mag.

Colovian: health
    Nibenese: mag
    Heartlander: stam
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since there are 3 diferent cultures of imperials, Zos could make something that you could choose your Imperial culture. It would be fair since the race is locked behind paid dlc. One for stam, one for health and one for mag.

Colovian: health
    Nibenese: mag
    Heartlander: stam

That would be better than the whack job the devs did to the Imperial passives with the new update