Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BUG in Crown Gem items

CaffeinatedMayhem
CaffeinatedMayhem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As I'm purchasing items with Crown Gems, I noticed that a few would let me select "As a gift". I don't think this is intentional, but it would be *really* nice to be able to gift gem items.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now with time limited crate items like the pumpkin netch and ice nixad/mount, gifting of gem items would work like crwon gifts and create another market in game

what would a 400 gem item cost for gold i wonder and how much would zos make off the exchange is the question you need to ask
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing any of them with gift option...
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »

might be a console ui thing then
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    now with time limited crate items like the pumpkin netch and ice nixad/mount, gifting of gem items would work like crwon gifts and create another market in game

what would a 400 gem item cost for gold i wonder and how much would zos make off the exchange is the question you need to ask

Well, the current line of thought is ZOS is limiting free crates because there *is* a gem glut, and every crate season I hear "I have sooooooo many gems but there's nothing I want!" Kinda like crowns...

I was thinking, 1-2k per crown, as it takes a lot of crowns to get 1 gem. Would make an apex mount 800k, which seems about right. Also, what if you wanted to gift a gem item to a friend? I love all the Murkmire plants, but at 100 gems each, I will never be able to afford (gold or IRL money) all that I want. However, my partner has gems he isn't using, and it is Christmas.

Either way, ZOS already has money from the inital crate purchase. Crown gem items are just incentives. If gems could be sold like crowns, might sell more crates. I sell gems because I don't want anything from this season, next seaon, OMG THAT APEX MOUNT, I buy more crates. (theoretical, I can't afford crates with real money)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on December 7, 2018 5:15PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tactx wrote: »

might be a console ui thing then

I have considered this as well.