Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

App replaces skill points

patrickmaurab14_ESO
Well just found an UI app that adds a marker on your map for every resource node, chest and sky shard along with compass marker. This means the skillpoints I invested in making it easier to see resources is very useless.
  • Vivec
    Vivec
    ✭✭✭
    Link to the addon plz. For science.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    I hope they kill that one right out.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    url or it didn't happen. :D
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • maniacal1
    maniacal1
    ✭✭
    The addon, if I'm not mistaken, only shows you where you have previously harvested nodes, since they are all randomized to an extent. Even if it gives the option to sync with other's data, like Gatherer did for WoW, you still don't always find resources where it tells you, and all that skill does is cause it to glow so you can see it easier when you're in the area looking.

Chests are also the same. It shows where you have found chests prior, not where all are loaded on the map at that moment.

And skyshards...eh...I'm using a website myself, didn't know there was a skyshard addon, so I got no problem with that.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it only adds markers for nodes you previously discovered, so you still need to find them on your own. Skyshards though, they are a problem - it shows all of them. But does it really matter when skyshard maps are easily available on pretty much every ESO fansite?
  • maniacal1
    maniacal1
    ✭✭
    The way I look at it, if they didn't make skyshards pretty much a must-have for skill points, like SWTOR did with datacrons, or they were random instead of set to one spot, I'd have no problem finding them the hard way. But they make them a necessity and locked in place for everyone, so to me they are no different than a quest hub. Just another collect-a-quest for the grind.
  • pysgod1978b14_ESO
    I haven't had a problem finding them since they have such a big beam. Plus, I like the riddles they have for them.
  • Vyshan
    Vyshan
    ✭✭✭
    The AddOn is called ESOHead Markers, as no one mentioned that.
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info57-EsoHeadMarkers.html

I like it. :)
    Edited by Vyshan on April 7, 2014 2:59PM