The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vampires negative fire resistance

Viserys_Varanis
I don't understand why Vampires are supposed to be weak to fire when you see Lamae in the Vampire Quest getting burned and getting up fine.

Is there any explanation for that somewhere in a different Elder Scrolls game?
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can't make vampires take damage out in broad daylight, so the closest thing they can do is have fire damage. Don't forget, the further you are way from Lamae Bal's bloodline, the weaker your powers are, so you're not gonna be as immune to fire like she is.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are different bloodlines of vampires, and you arent a Daughter of Coldharbor like Lamae Bal.

Be grateful you arent playing Oblivion where sunlight would burn you to a crisp at stage four vampirism.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 21, 2018 10:25PM
  • Viserys_Varanis
    Aren't you getting your blood replaced with Lamae's herself?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a Scion of the Blood Matron, not her equal. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Rite_of_the_Scion

She's the first, most powerful vampire ever. You aren't, just like the Dovahkiin is a less powerful vampire than Daughter of Coldharbor Serana.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why Vampires are supposed to be weak to fire when you see Lamae in the Vampire Quest getting burned and getting up fine.

Is there any explanation for that somewhere in a different Elder Scrolls game?

It's simple. Not all vampires are the same
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are a Scion of the Blood Matron, not her equal. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Rite_of_the_Scion

She's the first, most powerful vampire ever. You aren't, just like the Dovahkiin is a less powerful vampire than Daughter of Coldharbor Serana.

That may be true in terms of 'Vampire Power' but I think being Dovahkiin vastly more than makes up for it (a little like being an Immortal Vestige does).
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only Molag Bal can create a "daughter of cold harbour."
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only Molag Bal can create a "daughter of cold harbour."
    I know lore says only females but in a way couldn’t it include males too? I doubt Molag would care about gender considering Daedric Princes are genderless, and either way his influence is being spread around Nirn.

Then again rip everyone who didn’t survive his “blessing”.

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That may be true in terms of 'Vampire Power' but I think being Dovahkiin vastly more than makes up for it (a little like being an Immortal Vestige does).

I think you misunderstand both of those heroes.

The dragon born has the power of dragons, not a direct blessing of a daedric prince.

Outside of the empowerment from the Amulet of Kings, the vestige is simply a mortal with no soul.

Even as foretold heroes, their power is not really a direct blessing of a God entity
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    something something vampire with a body made out of Azure plasm ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just because Lamae was the first doesn’t make her the most powerful.

I’d argue that Serana and Valerica are more powerful than Lamae. They are Daughters of ColdHarbor too. Difference is they gave themselves to Molag Bal willingly to get their power whereas Lamae was victimized against her will.

The fact that the only weapon in existence that will really hurt them is Auriel’s Bow blesses with Sun Arrows...literally Akatosh/Auriel weapon, the weapon of a God is the only thing that will really hurt them. Harkon was weaker then both Serana and Valerica since he obviously wasn’t a Daughter if ColdHarbor yet he shrugged off everything except Auriels Bow.

Lamae is strong, but I don’t think she is the strongest ever. I have my theories that vampires descended from her go on to later make a deal with Clavicus Vile and end up becoming the Vampire Order of Cyrodiil that are able to blend in with humans and are masters of disguise that rise though the political ranks over the centuries unknown to the people 😀

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    run a dunmer for your vampire builds...helps a lot