The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wayrest Sewers I - Allene Pellingare Chasing Me

Ardaghion
Ardaghion
✭✭✭
I was doing the Wayrest Sewers I on normal with my partner last night and I found the final boss battle to be very frustrating. My partner and I are both magsorcs and were both using clannfear pets to run through this dungeon for the first time, so a group of 2 DPS pet sorcs, I'm an Altmer and she is a Bosmer. I'm at about 675 CP and she is at around 705, we haven't optimized our CP at this point, nor do we have the best gear or weapons. Still we've done Banished Cells I, Elden Hollow I, and Spindle Clutch on normal in duo without dying. Neither of us died in Wayrest either.

For some reason Allene Pellingare was chasing me around the entire final boss battle, my partner was heavy attacking using a lightning staff to try to get her to aggro her and take the heat off me. I was using a flame staff, and flame clench along with mages wrath. I also had defensive rune up but it didn't seem to effect her. For some reason, the boss wouldn't stop coming at me, I spent the entire fight running backwards, alternating between light attacks and skills as well as trying to keep my defensive shield up. While we stayed alive it was like the boss didn't even recognize that my partner and the 2 clannfear existed. The boss was taking damage of course from both of us and the clannfear but she didn't even respond to those attacks.

Is this normal, a bug, or related to only having 2 DPS in the group?
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lightning staff heavy attack will not guarantee aggro, clanfears no longer 'soft taunt' (it was removed a few patches ago iirc) and hold aggro and MOST bosses are immune to stun, root or any type of crowd control generally. If you need to guarantee aggro, you / your partner will have to slot Inner Fire and actually taunt the boss. Or use a frost staff heavy attack with the passive for taunt purchased.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lightning staff heavy attack will not guarantee aggro, clanfears no longer 'soft taunt' (it was removed a few patches ago iirc) and hold aggro and MOST bosses are immune to stun, root or any type of crowd control generally. If you need to guarantee aggro, you / your partner will have to slot Inner Fire and actually taunt the boss. Or use a frost staff heavy attack with the passive for taunt purchased.
    agree.gif

Ran the Sewers last night with a friend, basically the same setup as the OP, two Pet Sorcs with Clannfears.
    It's a shame that ZOS removed the Clannfear taunt, that was its whole purpose for existing in the first place.

Anyways, Allene seems to hone in on just one player, it was the same for us last night. You'll have to slot an actual taunt to get her attention.

On the other hand, if the player she is focus on can shield/heal through her attacks, it's a good way to keep her stationary so you can pummel her with AOEs like Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms and Thunderous Rage.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 3, 2018 7:15PM
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Thanks, that's all good to know. I figured flame clench wouldn't stun the boss, it won't even knock down a troll, but it was still doing damage. I guess keeping defensive rune slotted was a mistake. I find it useful for the trash mobs but I should switch it out for a boss, maybe magelight since slotting that makes my spell critical go to 44.9%.

I guess I'm wondering why the boss was aggro'd on me the entire fight, I didn't see that happen during the other dungeons that we have duo'd. Could any of my skills or attacks have kept aggro?
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katheriah wrote: »
    She just thinks you're hot. Take it as a compliment.
    ...and wants to kill you.

Totally not crazy at all.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

You might be right, I'd consider returning my soul to Molag Bal in trade for getting her body! :D
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    agree.gif

Ran the Sewers last night with a friend, basically the same setup as the OP, two Pet Sorcs with Clannfears.
    It's a shame that ZOS removed the Clannfear taunt, that was its whole purpose for existing in the first place.

Anyways, Allene seems to hone in on just one player, it was the same for us last night. You'll have to slot an actual taunt to get her attention.

On the other hand, if the player she is focus on can shield/heal through her attacks, it's a good way to keep her stationary so you can pummel her with AOEs like Liquid Lightning, Blockade of Storms and Thunderous Rage.
    smile.gif

Thanks, that's really good advice. If I had thought of it I could have stood my ground and kept my healing and shield up. I should probably put an ice staff on the back bar for situations where I need to taunt, my partner could have a resto staff on the back bar I guess. I have tri-focus so I should be able to taunt, although in this case I didn't need it.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...and wants to kill you.

Totally not crazy at all.

I've found the crazy ones are the best. Dear Penthouse....
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That boss has strange aggro. I was in a group and 3 of us began the fight and our 4th person was afk and the boss made a b line to the afk player even though they had not engaged in the fight in any way.