The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Black Fredas steed - Appreciation post

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
This is a little late, but I wanted to express my appreciation for the Black Fredas stallion. It's a very handsome horse and was offered at a pretty reasonable price. It thrilled me, after seeing the black horse in the Hollowjack crates and wishing there was a version that let me keep my head season round! Thank you! : )
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it, too, until I saw the stripes. Those stripes are the reason I don't use my Pellintine Mustang...

Because they're not Zebras.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the stripes on the Fredas horse. To me, they look like an exaggerated, stylized version of the striping you see on some brindle or grullo coated horses. I didn't like the stripes on the Pellitine horse, though. They aren't as realistic, and the texture is a much lower resolution.
    Edited by SickleCider on November 30, 2018 5:58AM
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    I liked it, too, until I saw the stripes. Those stripes are the reason I don't use my Pellintine Mustang...

Because they're not Zebras.

They're zorses - zebra-horse cross: https://a-z-animals.com/animals/zorse/
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a gorgeous horse and the stripes have a lovely fading quality to them. My main's new main ride. <3
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Similar to the OP, I thought this was a very reasonable price, in addition to coming in a bundle with some riding lessons and XP scroll (if I remember correctly).

I was not a huge fan at the stripes at first, but the character I use this mount for has a black and gray theme, so after riding a few times it felt perfect. The saturation of the stripes are not overly pronounced and fade in nicely.

Best purchase of this Black Fredas crown cycle!