Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ways to get xp

Mie87
Mie87
✭✭✭
Hi, I'm trying to figure out ways to get some extra xp. I've got these so far:
-quests
-dungeons on first runs (all three per zone)
-dark anchors
-pvp (however very little)
-completing the map (each location gives you xp when you complete it

Any others that skipped my mind? :-)
  • Cayce_of_Kata
    Cayce_of_Kata
    ✭✭✭
    Explore. Just look around and find places. Exploration gives very decent exp.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Explore. Just look around and find places. Exploration gives very decent exp.
    Yes but by those you mean all the different locations that can be found on the map?

• Seroczynski
    Seroczynski
    ✭✭✭
    Just keep doing quest after quest after quest will yield you massive EXP.
    “To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.” ― Homer J. Simpson
  • knightblaster
    knightblaster
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, just discovering the locations gives XP in addition to actually doing the quests or public dungeons that are around.

Also world bosses net XP (not sure if you're including those in the map completion).

I think gathering gives a very small amount of XP as well, but likely not enough to make much of a difference.
  • Kronos
    Kronos
    Gathering does not give you XP.
    Exploration is great XP in the first zone, but is very little later on.
    Killing hostiles (monsters, bandits, etc.) gives XP. i recommend not using wayshrines when questing unless the quest has you leave the current zone. You can find a lot of resources, kill a lot of hostiles, and find exploration XP along the way if you walk/ride instead of use a fast travel mechanic.
    Public dungeons are always easy and good sources of XP.
    If you ever feel out matched or underleveled for the zone you are questing in, go do quests in Cyrodiil. There are a ton of quest hubs with repeatable quests there. Just dont get so far ahead that you dont gain anything for dont the quests in the area you need to be in.
    - Kronos Dawnbreaker
    The Septim Bloodline
    Guildmaster
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Picking locks on chests around your level (typically above Simple, though some Simple apply) will give you a good chunk of xp. Also map updates from npc conversations (these npcs won't have quest flags, they just give you reveals on your map to explore) will give you some xp. So make sure to talk to everyone you can!