Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Non snipe bow/bow pvp build

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a non-snipe based pvp bow build that I think is interesting

Race:
Redguard, Khajiit, Bosmer, Imperial, all of these work

Class: Nightblade (will make one for Warden later)

Food: Arteaum Takeaway Broth or Dubious Cameron Throne

Gear: Spriggans, Marksman (You can use Shacklebreaker if you feel your mag sustain is a bit low), Master Bow, your favorite monster set, be it Velidrith, Balorghs, Stormfist, Troll king or Bloodspawn my build uses a spriggans bow main bar, but I have not tested with a marksman bow main bar instead.

Jewelry glyphs and traits all infused and weapon damage

Armor glyphs and traits big pieces tri stat rest stam. I prefer 7 inpen 0:5:2 LMH, but you can run up to 3 well fitted

Bars:
Front bar: infused with choice of enchant
Crushing weapon (main spammable, gives a heal, easy to sustain, also has its own version of bow proc, shield, and major protection via psjjic skill line )
Relentless focus (bow procs and extra regen)
Draining shot (amazing ranged cc and burst heal, in fact I think it is the only non ult ranged stam cc there is other than stealth and templar javelin)
Resolving vigor (obvs reasons, can swap with cloak on back bar)
Flex spot (can be shade or fear for when people get too close, but I prefer leeching strikes for extra sustain and heals)
Ult: 1. Flawless Dawnbreaker (mainly here for the weapon damage and to finish off low hp oppoments in melee range) 2. Incap

Back bar: Infused, weapon damage enchant
Piercing Mark (use for major fracture and to reveal those other pesky nightblades, there can only be 1!)
Shuffle (25% aoe dmg mitigation and 2.5 sec snare removal is huge)
Cloak (can swap with vigor on front bar, main escape tool)
Channeled focus (36 seconds of minor force for max damage, psjjic passives and speed boost)
Poison injection (nasty dot+ execute also procs master bow)
Ult: 1. Ballista (amazing single target ult, though a bit expensive) 2. Soul siphon (op nb heal, seriously >10k burst + >30k over 4 seconds + more due to major vitality, if you use incap instead of fdb and ballista, slot this, it will save your life)

You will use brutailty stam potions. 3rd effect is up to you. I prefer speed

Mundus: warrior

Thoughts?
Edited by JobooAGS on November 26, 2018 10:25PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a very similar build but using Snipe as an opener. It's just too powerful to not use.

I run Marksman and Twice Born Star. With Lover and Warrior mundus. Right now I don't have arena bows to use other than Asylum, so I run the mix matched veli, domihaus combo and Marksman bows.

As for skills, Crushing is great on a bow build. However, when using Marksman, crushing sees no damage boost. It's still good, but this can be a flex spot.

I front bar Relentless, Vigor, Snipe, Poison Injection, and Crushing weapon. If I weren't running crushing, I'd have Piercing Mark. For Ult, I don't have Dawnbreaker unlocked yet. So I have been running Temporal Guard. And I think I am going to keep running it. Minor protection just for having it slotted. Plus using the ult itself is a great way to get out of trouble.

And for the back bar I run defense/buffs. Draining shot, Cloak, Leeching Strikes, Fear, Shuffle. With Ballista as the ult. Although I may be swapping out shuffle for something else. Haven't got around to adjusting for Murkmire.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    I run a very similar build but using Snipe as an opener. It's just too powerful to not use.

I run Marksman and Twice Born Star. With Lover and Warrior mundus. Right now I don't have arena bows to use other than Asylum, so I run the mix matched veli, domihaus combo and Marksman bows.

As for skills, Crushing is great on a bow build. However, when using Marksman, crushing sees no damage boost. It's still good, but this can be a flex spot.

I front bar Relentless, Vigor, Snipe, Poison Injection, and Crushing weapon. If I weren't running crushing, I'd have Piercing Mark. For Ult, I don't have Dawnbreaker unlocked yet. So I have been running Temporal Guard. And I think I am going to keep running it. Minor protection just for having it slotted. Plus using the ult itself is a great way to get out of trouble.

And for the back bar I run defense/buffs. Draining shot, Cloak, Leeching Strikes, Fear, Shuffle. With Ballista as the ult. Although I may be swapping out shuffle for something else. Haven't got around to adjusting for Murkmire.

The main problem with snipe is 1 its horrendous reputation of being massively high damage and range with defile/minor fracture on it (this build is meant to avoid it while still being effective) and 2, it has a cast time and snares you while casting
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also if you are intent in using snipe may I suggest putting that asylum bow to use? Snipe + la + bombard + la + poison injection usually takes down people on its own
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Also if you are intent in using snipe may I suggest putting that asylum bow to use? Snipe + la + bombard + la + poison injection usually takes down people on its own

I agree that combo is pretty devastating. It's also very very hard to land if you aren't in stealth. With Crushing, PI, and Snipe, I can usually land all three at the same time or close to it. Add in a Relentless proc, and you can hit someone with 30k+ damage at once, without abusing the snipe glitching. And for the cast time, as an opener the cast time isn't too bad. Once an enemy closes distance, you rarely use it and rely on Crushing and PI.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This can kind of work but IMO you really need Snipe as part of a combo. Without it you won't be killing decent players. Especially on a nightblade - Snipe > LA > Draining Shot > LA > Relentless is an absolutely devastating combo with super fast execution.

Instead of a no-Snipe build, why not just do a no-stealth build?
    Edited by Solariken on November 27, 2018 2:52PM
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use exactly same except Hawkeye instead of spriggans and VMA bow on back
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Use exactly same except Hawkeye instead of spriggans and VMA bow on back

Vma bow? There is no endless hail in this build nor this is pve.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    This can kind of work but IMO you really need Snipe as part of a combo. Without it you won't be killing decent players. Especially on a nightblade - Snipe > LA > Draining Shot > LA > Relentless is an absolutely devastating combo with super fast execution.

Instead of a no-Snipe build, why not just do a no-stealth build?

I know that snipe is too good of a skill to pass up at the moment despite its reputation. The 1st thing that came up for me for warden bow/bow burst was Sub Assault - LA - snipe - LA - Draining Shot -LA Cutting Dive. Mainly this build is to avoid snipe all together.

Edit:Though I admit it plays too much like a magblade
    Edited by JobooAGS on November 27, 2018 8:47PM
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My onepiece gold view.
    Nb. 5 marksman. 5 hawkeye.
    As bow. Generic 2h.
    Rally. Relentless focus. Piercing mark.
    Bombard. Poison injection. Draining shot.
    Lethal arrow. Lethal arrow. Lethal arrow.
    Ok I think its dead by now.
    Edited by russelmmendoza on November 27, 2018 11:46PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to not throw up. This bow build meta is just admitting that you cannot play unless no one is able to damage you.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to not throw up. This bow build meta is just admitting that you cannot play unless no one is able to damage you.

Please explain? If you must know I have other non-bow builds that I do fine in. Or do are you admitting that you cannot fight against ranged at all
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bow build meta? You must be playing a different game than I am. Because bow builds are nowhere near meta. And while my bow build can hit hard and hold its own, my two-hand Stamden can delete players on command.

And not taking damage? Clearly you have never played a bow build. Even with cloak on a nightblade, you still open yourself up to damage. And if you are playing a bow/bow build on any other class you don't have cloak and are often fighting in melee range.

Clearly a LTP issue.
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Deuschbag. Thats what you are.

I'm squishy as a pudding in this build.