Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds & PVP Should Be Level Equal

DeathStalker_X
DeathStalker_X
✭✭✭
Battlegrounds are lvl10-50 - what good is it for a lvl10 character to go against one (or more!) that are 30-40 levels above them? Why does no one see the idiocy in this? With all the players available, WHY would it be so difficult to put groups within something like 5 levels of each other?

It SERIOUSLY makes me say to heck with ANY PVP - once I completed the initial Battlegrounds quest, I have ZERO desire to repeat it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to battleleveling, technically you are all CP 160 (well, level 50 in BGs). In fact lower level characters actually get more benefits from battleveling to make up for their lack of skills and (usually) decent gear.

When I took my level 10 into battlegrounds, I did so with crafted blue or purple gear to max my stats, a food buff, and those tripots we get from leveling up, and I felt like I did okay.

Also, how long are you willing to wait for 11 other players who are within 5 levels of you to queue in?
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 2, 2018 6:45PM
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    I only did the one battle, and it was 3 teams of 3 - I was lvl12. Of all 9, I came out with the lowest score. The only "advantage" I could see, was that I didn't lose anything by dying (as many times as I did).
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only did the one battle, and it was 3 teams of 3 - I was lvl12. Of all 9, I came out with the lowest score. The only "advantage" I could see, was that I didn't lose anything by dying (as many times as I did).
    While I agree that it's not at all fair for a level 12 to go up against a level 40, there just aren't enough players to support multiple different brackets for non-max level Battlegrounds. After all, even though it currently works for levels 10-49, your game still wasn't full (it should be 3 teams of 4).

Also, if you're legitimately new to the game, you're probably going to be at a big disadvantage if you don't have someone helping you out with gear. A lot of the players that you'll run into in there will be wearing gear sets that they crafted, enchanted, and upgraded with other characters. If they're wearing on-level set gear with the Impenetrable trait, gold quality weapons, a food buff, full stock of potions, etc...a legitimately new player usually won't stand a chance.

What platform and server are you on, and what class/setup (Stamina or Magicka) are you playing? There might be some people here that could help you out with some gear and/or build advice. 'Course, build advice probably wouldn't be immediately applicable since you need to be at least level 15 to get access to your second skill bar, and there will be a lot of abilities that remain out of your reach for a while yet.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll admit to being decently experienced as a PVPer in Cyrodiil - Battlegrounds is not my forte. And I have no clue how experienced you are at PVP.

I struggled during my first matches because:
    A. I'm used to CP PVP
    B. I didn't know how the score was calculated.

Now that I've done some BGs, I'm better able to prepare for them with more stat focused crafted gear, and figure out what skills work and dont work well for BGs and their different modes.

I also learned to check the Help menu to figure out how the non-Deathmatch games are scored for medals. Before reading that, I was clueless.

When I play at very low levels, I tend to stick very close to my groupmates and focus on the people they target - I know my limits as a BG player and tend to get more assists than kills.

In general, PVP in ESO has a very steep learning curve. Everyone who tries it dies A LOT. So you arent alone - I started PVPing in Cyrodiil at CP 500-something and I died a lot there too, but I had enough fun to keep trying and eventually found a great PVP guild.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No offense, but that probably an issue on your end. I have also done quite a few BGs right from lvl10 (with crafted gear) and found it to be rather easy, with so many new player around
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to level balancing strongest you will be is around level 37

Put them in cyrodil with max CP from their main and a level 37 is OP as ***