The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please change Nightblade's Assassination skills to deal Poison instead of Disease

notnsane
notnsane
✭✭✭
There's no proper way to play Melee Poison Nightblade, every single one runs ranged with Bow, which doesn't fit the theme.

At least, there should be a way to play this archetype and currently there's none. At least make Disease being less of a crappy effect and make it deal something at least slighly useful like Reduce Max Health by X amount (basically making % healing bad... not sure if it's a thing in this game).

I'd be happy if they change Bow skills to deal Bleed instead of Poison if this happens, BTW. Makes way more sense.
Edited by notnsane on November 28, 2018 6:06PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I wanted to play a melee poison build, why not go StamDK?

In any case, that's probably why nightblades got disease - because DKs got the poison.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In any case, that's probably why nightblades got disease - because DKs got the poison.

Have to agree with this. Based on the forum choice I expect this is PvE related and most NBs go melee anyhow. Not all the damage they would do is disease to begin with just like DKs do some non poison damage.
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭

It should be the other way. Dragon Knight should do Disease and Nightblades should do Poison.

Historically, tanks should provide utility and rogues should do damage/dots/poison.

I just want to play a stealthy thief with melee poison skill, but now I'm forced to use bows and deal ranged damage or I would do subpar damage. It just doesn't make sense.
    Edited by notnsane on November 28, 2018 8:11PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    notnsane wrote: »

It should be the other way. Dragon Knight should do Disease and Nightblades should do Poison.

Historically, tanks should provide utility and rogues should do damage/dots/poison.

I just want to play a stealthy thief with melee poison skill, but now I'm forced to use bows and deal ranged damage or I would do subpar damage. It just doesn't make sense.

Thats pretty true, DKs should do disease damage as dragon claws and their breath can cause diseases (cough cough peryite cough cough), and NB, as an assassin class, should do poison damage. Ideally it would make more sense, but it is what it is now.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK tanks tend to use any poison skills, if they are a true tank. OP is clearly talking along the DPS lines, not a tank build for either class.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DKs =/= tanks. Let's not slap the brand of 'tank only' class on DKs. If it comes to that, rogues shouldn't deal any significant sustained damage - big burst, then nothing, in 'hit and run' style. So, it goes both ways.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no proper way to play Melee Poison Nightblade, every single one runs ranged with Bow, which doesn't fit the theme.

At least, there should be a way to play this archetype and currently there's none. At least make Disease being less of a crappy effect and make it deal something at least slighly useful like Reduce Max Health by X amount (basically making % healing bad... not sure if it's a thing in this game).

I'd be happy if they change Bow skills to deal Bleed instead of Poison if this happens, BTW. Makes way more sense.

Disease damage has a chance to apply major defile:) it's a great damage type. Poisons just applies a dot and there is plenty of ways to deal poison damage, disease is alot harder to come by:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »
    Disease damage has a chance to apply major defile:) it's a great damage type. Poisons just applies a dot and there is plenty of ways to deal poison damage, disease is alot harder to come by:)

The problem is that there are only 4 sets in the game that amplify Disease, it's very rare. I feel like gearing into this is a major, major loss of DPS. I'm going to try it though, since I really want to play this archetype and not faux-Ranger.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zelos wrote: »

The problem is that there are only 4 sets in the game that amplify Disease, it's very rare. I feel like gearing into this is a major, major loss of DPS. I'm going to try it though, since I really want to play this archetype and not faux-Ranger.

What do you mean by "amplify Disease" ? You know that any Weapon Damage or Max Stamina will boost physical/poison/disease skills ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just had a related conversation with someone recently. I personally am not interested in there being a Necromancer Class but I think it might actually happen. We currently have a Poison/Fire Class (DK). We have a Ice class (Warden). We have a lightning class (Sorcerer). Templar and NB are mostly untyped magic. I suspect we might see a Necromancer (Disease) class some day. This makes Nightblade (poison) also a more reasonable idea and would totally fit theme.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If thats how we're gonna do things can we get all those physical damage morphs from Nb to stamina Dk since its supposed to be the brawler class?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 1, 2018 1:29AM
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

With all respect, for all the major loss of DPS, stamblades are the hardest hitting class in the game by a big margin. ^^ Can't advocate for buffs from that position.

Personally, as sDK main, I would like to drop whole that poison thematic, I don't think it fits dragonknights, and I will agree that poison is more of an assassin thing. But from the standpoint of current game mechanics, just swapping them will buff nightblades even more (thankyouverymuch, they're already on top) and gut DKs further (as if they weren't gutted like a fish already). So be constructive - if you want to take poison, invent what to give DKs and how to buff them as damage dealers instead of just proposing to make NBs even more shiny by taking away from other classes. ^^ Really, suggestions are welcome.
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you guys know about poison dragons? Not every dragon in fantasy is fire-breathing.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @joseayalac , few and far between. Definitely not a stereotype of dragon.