The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nibenese Noble's Shawled Robe - How does it dye?

SONEshock
SONEshock
✭✭
The short answer is that it takes colors really, REALLY well. None of that foolery with the Holiday in Balmora outfit.

Colors look exactly as they should, not lighter or darker. Shiny dyes are shiny, softer ones are soft. The pieces themselves are relatively accurate in terms of where dyes apply as the shawl consists of two layers.

Layer 1 includes the undergarment and the sash, so don't expect to have the sash be its own color.

Layer 2 includes the cover fabric visible on both front and back of the costume and the sleeves.

Layer 3 includes the v-neck line and strap on the back along with the footwear.

The gold trim, wrist amulets, decorative gems and neck adornment are all undyeable.

imgur.com/a/R25E5xP
Elora Almaren of Mirkwood | Conquest of Tamriel/Ancient Traders/Swamp Haven/Sheogorath's Mortals/Scourge Alliance
PC NA | Aldmeri Dominion
PAWS - Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for this info. I was going to ask this very question. :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it takes colors well. Some colors are great, yes (I like Warrior's Steel!). But not all, at least from what I have.
    Real black? Dark colors, especially not glossy?

Just compare (last slot not touched to keep gold on first for more similar look):
    qJ0N9fr.jpg
    Wn7gIsk.jpg
    ZUFuTMX.jpg
    aP0u39Q.jpg
    0c1lwHc.jpg

P.S. Usually I prefer black, but with this not-very-dark-grey my lady will wear this.
    x42wICO.png?1
    Edited by Enemoriana on November 29, 2018 10:47PM
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of being unable to dye the bright gold and red adornments. Think I'll pass on this one.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slots:
    sMgNAya.jpg
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As shown in above pics it does NOT show colors true. it is making the dark ones look washed out. unlike other costumes that are difficult to dye, it's not even taking dye packs well sadly. good thing i like its original color ok i guess.

also- whats with all the head pieces lately sticking out like stupid horns??? WHY would i want the laurel, or an eagle or anything jutting like a malformed growth out the front of my forehead? lol. some style choice issues lately to be sure
    NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also- whats with all the head pieces lately sticking out like stupid horns??? WHY would i want the laurel, or an eagle or anything jutting like a malformed growth out the front of my forehead? lol. some style choice issues lately to be sure

Well, old laurel also isn't really good )

But can be used with this dress, I think.
    bcs3Ewt.png?1
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what they were thinking not allowing us to dye those red gem stones.
    Otherwise, it's pretty nice. But yeah, colors look a little lighter on the dress than you expect them to look.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to know what the heck they were thinking, making the detached sleeves part of the same dye channel as the shawl, and not the main body of the dress. It looks awful!

But, yeah, I really wish I'd known before I purchased it that the gold trims and the pinkish-red stones were not dyeable. I don't care for gold (either in real life or in ESO), so being stuck trying to find a way to make use of a garment with an obnoxiously bright gold trim is really annoying. I felt the same way with the High Collared Coin Ballgown, but at least that gold was less...bright.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on November 30, 2018 2:53AM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will happen if to use Lamae White on all parts?
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What will happen if to use Lamae White on all parts?

Lamae's White:
    BC2Wy8s.png?1

Some other white colors:
    Julianos White:
    MslT4Zd.png?1

Birch White:
    55wUVNx.png?1

Moonstone White:
    T3XxtTN.png?1

Soul Shriven Pale
    DVFRw05.png?1

P.S. First time I see difference between Wolf's Fur and Boss Butcher Brown!
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard it dyed well, took people at their word. They were wrong. I gave up trying to get the colours I wanted to work. Resorted to using the blue it comes with and dying the flap/arms white. At least I like it like that. Wish I'd known before I spent 1k crowns though.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, don't dis Holiday in Balmora, the worn-out velvet look is spot-on. I have a vintage 70s jacket and the effect is very similar: the back and the front look like two different pieces of clothing. ;)

As for this one, those gold pieces are a bit too yellow, to the point of eyesore. Thanks for warning. I really wanted to buy it, despite being overpriced, but now I'm not so sure anymore. Not being able to dye the jewelry silver (or bronze) is... disappointing. Only one of my characters can afford to wear this shade of yellow, everybody else would look like a clown in it... and I don't know if I'm willing to burn 1080 crowns on a dress for ONE character...

It's a shame. Finally there's a costume with proper male variant model - and they mess up the dyes. :/
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks a lot @Enemoriana !
    Hmm, I was so excited about this dress, but I guess that I'll pass. It looks ok in blue or green colors where darker spots around the waist create the effect of silk fabric, but when it's while it just looks like it has "dirty spots".
    Oh, ZOS, why...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The third channel seems to be permanently dull. I can't get it to dye true on any colour.

On a male there's a kind of vest under the main garment that's in channel one but dyes a darker shade than the other things in channel one.

Still, looks OK as a toga with excessive bling. Just the sort of old-fashion, OTT style my re-animated Imperial Shezzarine might wear.

PC EU
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to pass on the robes, but thank you for this detailed and thorough thread! We need more threads like these for limited time Costumes.
    when a problem comes along u must fus it
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, yeah, it looks quite good on male characters.
    EyRgH6m.png
    PNm2KvE.png
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I would have read this before buying it. I want to dye the gold jewelry. Maybe I can get a refund.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The un-dyeable gold/gems makes it a pass for me.

Thank you for the info!
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to pass on the robes, but thank you for this detailed and thorough thread! We need more threads like these for limited time Costumes.

Agree, or for ZOS to allow us to see how the costumes dye in-game before purchasing.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man, the undye-able gold! Boo. That is disappointing! I love costumes. I was ready to buy this for a great price but I hate the gold! It would have been much nicer to be able to have a silver color.
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that gold is appalling. Hard pass from me. All the other negatives (the red gem, the dyeing issues) only serve to reinforce that decision.

I'm not a fan of this new ESO+ so far. It's like ZOS says: Here's another way for us to create opportunities for you to make crown purchases! Hey ZOS ... no thanks.
    I don't hate the crown store. I really dislike gamble boxes and will never buy them, but I have no innate hatred for spending crowns in the store (aside from feeling like the majority of crown items are ridiculously overpriced...it's like macro instead of microtransactions). I'm ESO+ because I believe in supporting my game (and I like having access to all the DLC, and who can forget the marvelous crafting bag). I just don't feel that discounts on/early access to crown items amount to much in the way of bonuses. It's still really early in this new program, though, so I'll refrain for now from lighting a torch and grabbing a pitchfork.
    Edited by Shazanti on November 30, 2018 9:57PM
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mother, you said that khajiit was just a friend!

Ahem. Just noticed unexpected thing.
    qV4x15X.png?1

Seems that's male vampire bug.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things killed this for me: the toenails and the undyable gold/gems. It's a shame, too, because I love to have my male vampire sorceror in robes rather than any other thing. Tch.
    Edited by Ostacia on December 1, 2018 2:47PM
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake