The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

bugger

Analara
Analara
I appreciate the daily rewards, but I have had a mobo failure and had issues logging into the game; I'm waiting for a fix. I really regret that the month will end before I can claim all of my rewards (read "the gold"). I have managed to finally get back in game, but really can't play; my character randomly autoruns and bangs into things and falls off cliffs, you know what I mean. I can hobble along a collect my rewards, and as an ESO Plus member, I will be in game in time to get my useless reward of the Murkmire DLC, but not my gold, dammit.

I think, after experiencing this trouble, that it might be a good idea if we had a few days cushion all the time like we did at first to give us some space for unexpected calamity to strike. I know there is no way to account for everything that might happen, but a little wiggle room might be a good idea.

regards
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urgh, yeah it sucks when that happens, especially if you don't have a second machine to play on (which I suspect most people don't). I know it's annoying, but one way to look at it is at least you're "only" missing gold, something you can get another way once you're back in the game - at least it wasn't an exclusive reward you cannot get another way.

But this is why I'm always confused when people talk about being unable to log in and get responses like "it only takes 5 minutes" and "just do it when you get up" as if the time it takes to go through the process is the only consideration and some people cannot imagine any other reason anyone would ever be without access to the game. Sooner or later I assume everyone will be in a position where they can't log in for one reason or another - something which is out of their control and no matter how much they might want to and be willing to spend the time to do it they can't.

So yes I completely agree that ZOS should make allowances for that by not having rewards going all the way up to the end of the month.

At the moment I think this is their compromise - the 'big' rewards like exclusive collectables, crown crates and Murkmire are earlier in the month and later on it's 'just' gold, which can be earned in game. But I'd really like to see them going back to the system they had at first where there were fewer rewards total, or go to the system many other games have where it's a continuous cycle so if you miss out you're behind other people but you will get there eventually. I get the impression they're still experimenting with this system, seeing what works and what doesn't but I really hope they settle on something that allows for unexpected (and expected) events which prevent players logging in.

(On a related note thanks for reminding me that I need to clean the dust filters on my PC and work out which of the fans - I hope it's a fan - is making that worrying rattling noise and that yes I really would rather do it today than wait and see what goes wrong this time.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for you. In September, I evacuated due to Hurricane Florence and was without my internet on my gaming computer for two weeks. Definitely didn't get the 100k reward that month.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Analara
    Analara
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I feel for you. In September, I evacuated due to Hurricane Florence and was without my internet on my gaming computer for two weeks. Definitely didn't get the 100k reward that month.

I was hit by Florence as well, but miraculously, I never lost power and was able to get the 100k; I would have been upset to miss that one; I'm so sorry that happened to you...:(

Danikat wrote: »
    (On a related note thanks for reminding me that I need to clean the dust filters on my PC and work out which of the fans - I hope it's a fan - is making that worrying rattling noise and that yes I really would rather do it today than wait and see what goes wrong this time.)

hope the cleaning does the trick! good thoughts for that to you. mine started with intermittent "bongings" (the system notification noise). the machine pitched and stuttered for a long period of time (while I turned off every notification I could find). I finally discovered the "Intel Management Engine Interface" is dead...my machine has no little conductor (I think); it's hanging on by a thread...:(

BUT...thank you both for commenting :)
    Edited by Analara on November 25, 2018 8:34PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Analara wrote: »
    heaven13 wrote: »

I was hit by Florence as well, but miraculously, I never lost power and was able to get the 100k; I would have been upset to miss that one; I'm so sorry that happened to you...:(

BUT...thank you both for commenting :)

Thank you! It could have been far worse. Neighborhood was without power for a week, without water for close to that, so I'm glad I evacuated. When I got back home, the house was still in pretty decent condition: a fence section down and roof needs replacing (which starts this week!) but, all in all, I count myself lucky. I can always make more gold in game with a little time.

I hope your computer issues are resolved though and soon!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Auggy
    Auggy
    ✭✭
    You could try something like GeForce Now if you have a laptop or another PC with an internet connection. I think the particular offering from Nvidia is still in beta, but a similar service should allow you to log in and claim rewards at the very least.