The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New BG game mode stealing from destiny's gambit

JobooAGS
JobooAGS
✭✭✭✭✭
3 teams kill random pve mobs, collect motes, bring it to a bank and summon a powerful daedra to kill to win.

If you die with motes, you lose them. There is a max amount of motes you can carry. If you deposit large amounts of motes, you summon blockers that will prevent the other teams from depositing motes

Can invade other teams, invader gets significant buffs, only 1 invader from each team to each of the 2 other teams allowed. Invaders can kill other invaders. When an invader kills a non invader player, the boss gets healed.
If no one team has a boss in a given time limit, all 3 teams get a boss. Winner goes to the team with the lowest health boss (or kills the boss)

What do you think?
Edited by JobooAGS on November 29, 2018 11:48PM

New BG game mode stealing from destiny's gambit 25 votes

Yes
4%
royo 1 vote
No
64%
wheem_ESOSvenjaAektannKartalinWitchyWarriorkalunteChunkyCatDracan_FontomQwazzyNordSwordnBoardFakeFoxGaunterODimLichbourne90MyGTXATomiX96NuarBlack 16 votes
Yes with these changes
0%
What's Destiny?
32%
Rizz_the_Filthy_Dinoshauny.gibbsb16_ESOToRelaxSugaComaKikkefrostz417ccmedaddyTHE_BIG_BOSS 8 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am all for objective based PvP as long as it has PvP as a focus. This seems more PvE that might have some PvP.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    idk how you would do the invasion part with 3 teams. And I'm sure activision would be upset if ZOS decided to steal their ideas.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on December 1, 2018 10:05AM
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    What's Destiny?
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    idk how you would do the invasion part with 3 teams. And I'm sure activision would be upset if ZOS decided to steal their ideas.

There aren't a lot of original ideas anymore, most games build off each other now days.
    PC-NA
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    When are we going to learn to quit trying to mix pvp and pve? It never works or at least not well.

The threat of pvp encounters while questing and leveling can spice up the monotony but generally should remain a spontaneous side show. Other attempts always fail miserably. AV in wow is just a joke and every other iteration are just sad attempts at trying to pull the dragon slayers into doing pvp and no one ends up happy. Not the PVEers or the hardcore pvpers.

And the last place stuff should be stolen from is destiny 2. Giant steaming pile of a game that ruined its pvp beyond saving with the release of destiny 2.
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    When are we going to learn to quit trying to mix pvp and pve? It never works or at least not well.

The threat of pvp encounters while questing and leveling can spice up the monotony but generally should remain a spontaneous side show. Other attempts always fail miserably. AV in wow is just a joke and every other iteration are just sad attempts at trying to pull the dragon slayers into doing pvp and no one ends up happy. Not the PVEers or the hardcore pvpers.

And the last place stuff should be stolen from is destiny 2. Giant steaming pile of a game that ruined its pvp beyond saving with the release of destiny 2.

Actually the game DarkEden did it pretty well i think. That was it most appealing quality. I probably would be playing it today if they had stable servers.

Basically my point is there are always way to make it work and i would love to see more PVE mixed with PVP. Cyrodiil map is what sold me on this game. And if only imperial city had better rewards and easier access...
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Demra wrote: »
    NuarBlack wrote: »

Actually the game DarkEden did it pretty well i think. That was it most appealing quality. I probably would be playing it today if they had stable servers.

Basically my point is there are always way to make it work and i would love to see more PVE mixed with PVP. Cyrodiil map is what sold me on this game. And if only imperial city had better rewards and easier access...

May have enticed you but it turned away the vast majority of long time mmo pvpers. Couldn't get any of my friends from WoW and Rift to even give the game a shot because it only boasted cyro for pvp. It's why the game remains a joke in the streaming and e-sport community too. So basically you fall in that nostalgia category cause I haven't even heard of DarkEden either.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't think we're ready
    For this yet...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather have a 2 team, preferably 6v6, gamemode first.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just play Destiny then?