The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Left for a week now my launcher wont work

Wulas
Wulas
Soul Shriven
Hello, I went out of town for a week I came back 4 days ago and now the launcher won't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, nothing. I am playing it through steam. Basically the launcher starts and gets to 3% then freezes for a minute or so then just closes. Does anyone know what I can do from here? I tried to submit a ticket but for some reason cannot find where to actually submit one.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steam does add some complexities to the log in.

Try this:

Make sure Steam is running, turn off AutoLogin (so steam is not supplying credentials) and then use a shorcut to the eso64.exe, found in the Steamapps folder for the game. Using the direct shortcut should allow you to bypass the launcher and enter your credentials.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wulas
    Wulas
    Soul Shriven
    I gave that a try, I can get to where I can put in my user ID but it tells me to go back to the patcher as I have old files. Thank you for the information!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are making progress then.

Now, this time, try reinstalling the Launcher if you cant get the Launcher to update manually. You can launch the launcher manually in the same area that you found the eso64.exe. For non Steam, you can get the Launcher here in the account or support section, you might need to get it from steam in your case
    Edited by Nestor on November 29, 2018 3:14PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wulas
    Wulas
    Soul Shriven
    Unfortunately I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail. I have been looking at other posts people are having similar issues. I guess a VPN is the way to go. thank you Nestor.