The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Need help with StamDk for PVP

MeadDrinker02
MeadDrinker02
✭✭✭
Hey, I got a Nord StamDk that I recently turned into PVP and like to know what sets/jewelry, weapons, monster sets, etc. you guys are running. I recently bought Torug's for it after following Alcast's Gladiator guild but just realised that build got nerfed.. I am wondering if I should still keep the Torug set or swap it out for something else like shackle breaker? I'm running a 5x heavy, 1x medium and 1x light build. Does anybody have a good guide I can check or lead me in the right direction? Thanks I appreciate it.

Btw.. I don't want to scrap the Torug set if it is still usefull and my focus is on dueling! :)
  • ochsinator
    ochsinator
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I got a Nord StamDk that I recently turned into PVP and like to know what sets/jewelry, weapons, monster sets, etc. you guys are running. I recently bought Torug's for it after following Alcast's Gladiator guild but just realised that build got nerfed.. I am wondering if I should still keep the Torug set or swap it out for something else like shackle breaker? I'm running a 5x heavy, 1x medium and 1x light build. Does anybody have a good guide I can check or lead me in the right direction? Thanks I appreciate it.

Btw.. I don't want to scrap the Torug set if it is still usefull and my focus is on dueling! :)

Right now I’m running 7th legion and spriggin and bloodspawn. I’ve played with switching out spriggin for werewolf hide and 7th legion for ravaging.

I think I’ve had the best results with spriggin

I’m running 2h and SnB. The spriggin penetration gives me the damage I need to actually finish people off.

• barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently switched to Torug on my stam sorc, post-nerf. If you primarily use weapon skills and light attack weave as your main dps, it's a great set when paired with infused weapons with oblivion damage enchants. Sure, rending slashes/blood craze dot won't proc it, but the initial hit and light attack will. Crit rush procs, executioner procs it, deep slash, reverb bash, etc etc...

It's replaced fury at the damage part of my set and lets me run lower weapon damage/sustain to pair it with more utility sets.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @MeadDrinker02 ,

I was in the same spot as you early november and crested a couple of threads similar to the one you just created. Go check them out in my profile, many very nice people gave many very nice advices.

One post has a link to @Joy_Division 's general pvp guide, which helped me a ton. Another one was to help me with the lack of burst on stamDK when I dropped Torug's.

There's also those posts, made by other people but also full of good advices.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445739/stamdk-pvp-setup-question/p1
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445545/pvp-noob-needs-some-advice/p1

Go make a bucket of coffee and happy reading!

As for your question, currently I'm running 7th legion, Sloads and Bloodspawn. I'm currently thinking about swapping out Sloads, but I'm not sure what for. Sloads gives good damage through proc, but doesn't boosts your healing. And since all I'm facing is premade ball groups in BGs fo the last week, I tend to die a little too fast.

Shacklebreaker is a good jack-of-all-trades set, but I'm not currently facing any magicka sustain problem, so it would be a waste.

Fury and Ravager are very popular sets, but Fury sucks in duels and ravager sucks while you're in defense mode (vs BGs ball groups), so I would need to constantly swap those. I looted 2 SS rings in the last week, so I might have enough gold to buy them both, but I'm still unsure.

Veiled heritance has the same problem than Ravager, but with lower stats, so...

Bone Pirate is a staple in stam builds, but I'm not facing big stam sustain problems either (Bloodspawn will make your sustain crazy through battle roar) and it's a *** to farm, so I'm not sure I want to grind it.

The one I'm leaning the most to is Draugr hulk set, which gives crazy good stam. I just need to put my hearth into farming it. :/

Anyway, good luck and have fun!
    XBox One - NA
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw that I was tagged here.

Afraid stam DK is probably the least class I have experience with. I do think running one of those "berserker" heavy armor sets (7th legion, as mention above is a solid choice) complements DK very well. Torug's is a good 1v1 set, although I think you'll be better off in the long run opting for something else. Constant proccing enchants is ... easy ... and in more diverse PvP scenarios, such as running in small groups, it's usually better to build something more complimentary.

My own piece of general advice I would offer is that I think a lot of stam DKs fall into the trap of being too tanky.