The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

After Murmire people are getting desync and stuck in block animation more and more

chexor
chexor
✭✭✭
First i thought it is only "block animation" which was causing major issues with light attacks and actual block.. But it's not really blocking problem, apperently during the raid, if you are in same instance longer then 20-30mins, your character will just get "desynced" from instance ( i will call it desync since i dont know how other to explain), after this happens if you just press block, your character will stay in block animation no matter what.
During summerset/wolfhunter, this was present aswell, but even when you get stuck in block animation worst thing is to miss light attacks, which isnt really big problem since game is broken so much that missing light attacks from time to time wont be big deal.
But after Murkmire came live, i am getting constantly stuck in block animation, and it's not only me, i see people around getting stucked aswell.

When you get "desync" these are new bugs that weren't present before:
-You will need to cast spell 3-4 times in a row for game to register it (character does animation normally, but spell isnt active, this is most noticable with merciless resolve).
-Light attacks just wont hit target (even tab target doesnt really help you).
-If you are doing rotation, and try to block cast something, game wont register your block at all.
-Channeled spells (such as channeled acceleration) will start animation and finish it, timer on addons will start counting for 1-2 seconds and then will just disappear as well as spell, and your character will be very slow (like snare) untill you try to block cancel or sprint.

I contacted support but all they told me was that "addons" are the ones to blame :neutral: which is not posible, since reloading UI or disabling all addons are not fixing it. Only way to fix this is to travel on someone from the group or just travel to other zone.
My ping is just fine, same with FPS, i dont understand what is the problem causing this, because is really big deal for most of the players.

Any idea when we will get fix for this or just roll back to previous state of desync? @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_AntonioP

Block animation looks like this after you get desynced.
unnx9uso9b09.jpg
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    YES! I am having the same issue, can only describe it as being desynced as it feels like you are not actually engaged with the environment. You are hitting buttons and nothing is happening which really sucks.

I am so fed up with game devs ASSUMING it's addons even when we tell them NO THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS WITH ADDONS REMOVED.

Like what are we supposed to do uninstall the game, restart with a virgin game launch? WTF? NOT an option if you are 300+ cp lvl!
    Magic does not die. It merely sleeps until called forth into the world again.
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always have this bugged block indicator when I died in trial while holding a block... Also the "orb" from psijic passive, that shows on you when you block on bar where psijic ability is slotted, is bugged the same way.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Had this issues several times last nite, and thought it was just lag. I disabled all my addons, and logged back in, and the issue persisted.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, happened occasionally since Summerset.
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    Ye man same, i have been testing no addons at all, restarting internet and thing like that nothing worked. But something happened tonight!!! I was in vHoF and after 1st boss i got stuck in block, like 10mins into instance i got bugged, then i traveled on someone and it was fine again, untill end of the trial, i got stuck 4 times, worst day so far.
    Then i decided to record, and upload bug for devs, so i closed game to turn on shadowplay (like i have done so many times) but i was thinking of trying something else to see how it will go, so i disabled run as administrator (when summerset came i started using run as administrator, when there were lot of *** going on with steam users etc, backthen it was very useful for my fps). I started game without "run as administrator" and started vHoF with group again. Funny thing happened, i did not get stuck anymore in block animation, finished trial without any bug, reloading ui or traveling on player and it was just fine...
    So it might be just accident, i have close/open game so many times never been helpful, i recorded my gameplay so many times aswell.. If you are running your game as administrator try disable it. I will test more tomorrow in other trial..
    @Aurrynthea_Drake @Astrid_V @Mintaka5 @Zorgon_The_Revenged
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    @chexor thanks for the suggestion, but I'm already not running as admin and still getting knocked off/out of the game 😭
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • Aurrynthea_Drake
    Aurrynthea_Drake
    ✭✭✭
    Today still getting desynced from the game which means I'm dying when I don't have to and this means I'm getting way too pissed off at the game to make it fun...

This is such bs considering husband is playing same game, on the same internet connection with THE SAME addons so the idea it might be something I'm doing can't be the issue because husband is not suffering the same - the fact that other players on different internet connections with different addon settings and pc builds make me think the problem is NOT US...
    PC EU (PvE)(ex PvP)
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    @Aurrynthea_Drake
    Ofc is not us, i have reported an issue they told me they will look into it but that's all..
    Here's recent post on forum with recording (not a single addon was used), also for me that bug only affects 1 character, my main.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/445662/proof-that-block-bug-isnt-only-visual-and-is-not-produced-by-addons-video#latest
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get stuck on heavy attack charge all the time on my DK. Really frustrating.