Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player after pve nightblade advice

nuvibe
nuvibe
Soul Shriven
Hi new player here who has always loved the rogue classes in games. Must say confused about builds and after reading a few guides chose a red guard race for supposed stamina traits yet while levelling a suggested build advice points me towards magicka?
Could someone direct me what race and build I should be aiming for. I just want to have fun and explore this game with my favourite class :)
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The class skills are almost all magicka-based. Weapon skills will be stamina-based. So if you just look for nightblade, you get told about its magicka skills. If you search for dual-wield, or bow, you get all stamina advice.

So you can build a stamina nightblade, and it will use mostly weapon skills, rather than class one. Or a magicka one, going the other way. And that character can bias as a tank, healer, or damage dealer, (mostly an equipment choice). If the bow is the most important thing to you, then tank or healer are unlikely.

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you simply want to play the stories, explore, and have fun, pick the class and the character you want. When you decide you want to get into trials or pvp, you can do the min/max route if you have to, either by respeccing or making a new character.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are wanting to play as a stamina based nightblade redguard was a good choice.
    The game advisor pushes to magicak because most skills start that way but many will morph to stamina as you level them.
    You might look at alcast’s page or look in players guide he has a thread there and he has beginning builds.
    Take your time with the game and you will get a lot of enjoyment from it