The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting lower level gear for my friend.

AngelZ3ro
AngelZ3ro
Soul Shriven
I want to craft the best gear for my friend (he is a magicka sorcerer and is level 20). I was wondering what's the best way to go about it besides the basics. Is there a certain set I should craft him or should I improve the gear to fine or superior?
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Law of Julianos is a good 'workhorse' all-around set for magicka damage, I'd look towards it. He will outgrow the gear soon, you can make it blue or purple, I don't think it'll make much difference for your friend.
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I go either shackle/julianos or seducer/julianos

5 light 1 medium 1 heavy so all skill lines level.

All training gear, I usually go blue armour and purple weapons.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For leveling sets I use a 5 piece of Shacklebreaker as it can be used equally well by both Stamina and Magic Characters. I use the training trait on all pieces. I make a set at each of the 10 levels and then bank it for my next alt.

The question then becomes what to do for the other 7 pieces. That could be covered by another crafted set. Or, maybe better overall, is to use a dropped set from whatever zone your in. This way you can find out if a Resource or Damage or Critical type build suits your playstyle as you try different sets.

Now, those who do sub 50 PvP, then obviously your going to have different needs and chasing the better sets for your specific playstyle is warranted. However, for general leveling, a good generic set that can mix or match with dropped sets or even another crafted set can be good.

When I make a set for someone else, I give them a full set of all 7 armors and 2 weapons in something like Shacklebreaker so they add in other pieces without worrying about how to keep that 5 piece shacklebreaker bonus.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options