Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old player coming back

fbarok5eb17_ESO
fbarok5eb17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello guys, I played the game while it had a monthly subscription (3 years ago?), and stopped for a while mostly because of internet issues.
Now I have a stable connection, but I just don't remember most of the important stuff, the dungeon bosses, the equipments I should use, etc...
What should I do first? I know my char is in a VR rank and I still have a few millions from the nirnroot craze.

What do you suggest?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VR rank no longer traveller. Welcome to the champion point system!

Personally this one would first just go for a walk - you can go to any zone now yes - alliance barriers are no more.

Take in the atmosphere, tune out zone chat.

Then perhaps allocate those champion points, your skill points, take a look at what you are wearing.

Then go for a wander. Find your paws again. Follow your whiskers where they lead you. Get to know yourself again.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • fbarok5eb17_ESO
    fbarok5eb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    VR rank no longer traveller. Welcome to the champion point system!
    Personally this one would first just go for a walk - you can go to any zone now yes - alliance barriers are no more.
    Take in the atmosphere, tune out zone chat.
    Then perhaps allocate those champion points, your skill points, take a look at what you are wearing.
    Then go for a wander. Find your paws again. Follow your whiskers where they lead you. Get to know yourself again.
    Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Is there any new areas? The last one I remember going to is Craglorn, I think

Edited by fbarok5eb17_ESO on November 27, 2018 11:36AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there are the DLC areas of Wrothgar, Hews Bane, Murkmire, The Clockwork City and The Gold Coast. No new zone is now free but a passport must be obtained either via crowns or ESO Plus.

There are also the big places - Vvardenfell and Summerset. Something called a Chapter, like a bigger passport, is required for these.

You can now go to all the other alliance original zones at any time, in any order without having to complete the main quest first.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello guys, I played the game while it had a monthly subscription (3 years ago?), and stopped for a while mostly because of internet issues.
    Now I have a stable connection, but I just don't remember most of the important stuff, the dungeon bosses, the equipments I should use, etc...
    What should I do first? I know my char is in a VR rank and I still have a few millions from the nirnroot craze.

What do you suggest?

Welcome back.

Overland got a lot easier. Many skills changed and we now have champion points. Sets changed and new where introduced.
    When you are in Craglorn, then go to Wrothgar and quest it to get a feeling of it. Play with the champion points. Past Wrothgar there are a lot more new maps.

You will find your way back.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome back!
    Santie has a lot of good information for you already! I'll add a few more things :)
    You can see anyone from any alliance now in the main PvE world, that was part of the One Tamriel update. There's also Housing! You can buy a place just for you, and decorate it to your hearts content! And yes you can craft furniture too.
    There's also many new trials and dungeons. There's duelling and battlegrounds if you are interested in PvP. There's holiday events every now and then as well. World bosses had a bit of a boost.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    Welcome back!!! Here’s to finding your place in the world again and grinding to success
    Tee hee