The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Did you notice this Murkmire location difference before seeing this post?

ankhor8
ankhor8
✭✭✭
I have searched this site to add-on to a thread that addresses this, have yet to find one. To my knowledge of the Marsh, based on my lore studying and story creation, Gideon is the main city of Murkmire and both are located in the northwest portion of the Marsh. Based on viewing the map in One Tamriel, it appears to be labeled where Lilmoth is. I deduced and suggested Lilmoth instead of Murkmire because of it's coastal location, so i deem it a wise location, yet the words and labels seem clearly inaccurate. If any know more as to why, do share.
Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
Psn community page: An-Xileel
Seth Salute

Did you notice this Murkmire location difference before seeing this post? 17 votes

Yes
58%
czarhondelinkVaohankhor8Dracan_FontomRaddlemanNumber7KajuratusWildRaptorXClaudmanBruccius 10 votes
No
41%
Mr_ConflictsMastreusDiabolus1989JobooAGSStratlocFibericAedrion 7 votes
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    hdzm9zbdp6p1.jpg
    w6f11cpcbuji.jpg
    gj6rlrp3vt58.jpg
    kh1id5orua95.jpg

In addition, personally, i like that much of Saxhleel way of life is known little and i prefer it stay that way for a while longer.
    Seth Salute
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was not determined where Murkmire is before ESO. Early concept of the zone (Murkmire was originally supposed to be a Craglorn-like zone released in 2015 or so) placed it south of Shadowfen. But plans change and it ended up being a smaller DLC. They've probably decided to use a more fitting location for Murkmire after that.

To my knowledge all maps that put Murkmire towards the north take it from said early concept that never came to life.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It was supposed to be near Gideon, but I don't really care anymore that it's now near Lilmoth instead. It's a small thing considering it wasn't even established in lore prior, but I really wanted to see Gideon. :#

I'll live though, my first Argonian character which I played in Morrowind was supposed to be from Gideon, the leaks got my hopes up and yes, I know I'm not supposed to get my hopes up over leaks.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it changed location during development. Murkmire was going to be where Murkwood is located so we still have Murkwood to await for :P
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    In some OOG lore there are mentions of Gideon being a part of Murkmire, and there is assumedly a vicecanon of Gideon, so while Murkmire is no longer situated south of Shadowfen, that general area containing Gideon is supposedly still part of the Ebonheart Pact. Personally, I'm fine with going a bit further south, since Gideon was originally an Ayleid city it would be fairly similar to Stormhold in terms of its architecture. Its a shame they didn't rename the zone though, because now we're stuck with a rather awkward disconnect with Vicecanon Heita-Meen thinking that a swamp in the far south of Black Marsh, away from the alliance war and the Akaviri invasion, is a part of the Pact. Maybe we will eventually get to visit Gideon, but I'm more interested in visiting Thornmarsh, with the Dunmer city of Tear and the Argonian city of Thorn
    Edited by Kajuratus on December 3, 2018 1:57PM
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Royaji have you read the novel that entails lilmoth?
    Seth Salute
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Author: Emmanubeth Hurrent, writes about a few tribes of Murkmire.
    "These journals will serve as a record of my discoveries as I explore the wilds of Murkmire. I shall begin with the tribe most outsiders meet first.

Most outsiders who spend any time in Gideon will likely interact with several of the border tribes. The most noteworthy, however, are the "Wasseek-haleel," or "Bright-Throats." By and large, the tribe is composed of cheerful artisans who have enjoyed a fruitful relationship with both outsiders and deep-swamp Argonians."
    http://truean-xileel.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11083094&gid=496119

I have read many Tamriel articles. My early 2000 Morrowind introduction entailed hours of me simply turning on the game in libraries and reading. Regardless, the creators make their decisions. I trust there are reasons i am unaware of. I would still prefer they name this recent region Lilmoth, and leave Murkmire for a later expansion.
    http://truean-xileel.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11108485&gid=496119

I do value having an additional region of primarily Saxhleel to explore and develop in. I look forward to an underwater mission that only Saxhleel may engage in, or an underwater city off the coast. Imagine that.
    Seth Salute
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Kajuratus the above mentioned books by Emmanubeth Hurrent are in game lore books.
    Seth Salute
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was changed. I hope, for good.