Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[FIXED] My teammates are dropping - All platforms?

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Since Murkmire I've seen an increase in teammates getting dropped from matches on Xbox. What's strange is it's not happening to me (which I am grateful for) but it is ruining the overall experience. I have been in deathmatches where my team will win with very few kills because we cycled through several players who contributed to the total score.

Is it happening on other platforms? Does it happen in premades also (I've been flying solo mostly)? Is this another fix console is just waiting for?
Edited by brandonv516 on February 4, 2020 5:12PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC na, just rage quits from team mates
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    PC na, just rage quits from team mates
    Had a game last week where one entire team quit, as did one player on my team. Another 5 minutes or so later, the person that quit from my team was back in the same game with a different character, on the previously empty team. Got a good chuckle out of that.

Anyway, I haven't noticed an increase number of disconnects or crashes, though they do still happen. I've been sent to the login screen several times after hitting a fast moving teammate with my vine, and getting pulled a really long distance. Seems like the game thinks I'm speed hacking or something, so I get booted and hit with a 20 minute deserter penalty. Other than that, I think I crashed once and quit twice back when my ISP was having some big issues, causing unplayable ping spikes.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rage quits, nothing to do with consoles. I'm currently very frustrated with the match maker. Queued 5 games tonight. In 2 of them i was placed in teams that were dead last. The other 3 started against at least one 4 man team full of pretty good players, while my team started with 3 and at least one of them a low cp clueless player.

I left the last one, a dude left right before me. Tbh, im seeing people leave all the time. The match maker is just bad, it can't just stack one team, and fill the others with scrubs. That's the biggest issue with the game, or rather with bgs. You know it's bad because every game is one sided as hell. Wasn't the case before murkmire.

Edited by MaxJrFTW on November 24, 2018 7:18AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think this is people quitting out of rage (at least wholely). This is happening even when we are winning or doing extremely well.

Take for example last night in Domination. It was 4v4v4. We are in first place and have a slight lead. I'm defending a flag with another guy and he disappears. I look at the scoreboard and two of my teammates are gone.

At that point I could understand if my third teammate wanted to rage quit. He may have done so because he left shortly after we started to lose our lead. Oddly enough just as soon as he left, the game replaced him but it never filled the other two players.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    They might not all be rage quitting, crashing to login is definitely a thing to consider. It's a widespread bug that happens with some skills, and when you crash to login, you CANNOT rejoin back in.

Watch this 23 second video of what I mean.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOyMjl_IxBI
    PC-NA
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They might not all be rage quitting, crashing to login is definitely a thing to consider. It's a widespread bug that happens with some skills, and when you crash to login, you CANNOT rejoin back in.

Watch this 23 second video of what I mean.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOyMjl_IxBI
    Yea, that's what I was talking about in my previous post. I think there's an automated anti-speed-hacking system that's wrongly targeting Wardens using the vine. It hasn't happened to me all that often, but when a fast player starts sprinting it's a bit of a dice roll.

I'd also disagree with your premade member telling you to take the vine off your bar. Without it, you simply don't have any worthwhile mobility. If you're still premading most games with Werewolves, that's going to limit overall group mobility. Just try to vine before they get too far away, and maybe ask 'em to tone down the sprinting on occasion, especially if you're a little bit behind.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    I haven't crashed to login in awhile while playing with my WW group; however, I've been VERY conservative with the ability, and I really shouldn't have to be. I should be able to use the ability to it's fullest without feeling like i'll be punished with a crash to login.

I have spoken to Zenimax @ZOS_GinaBruno and other GM's over email, and they all refuse to accept it's their game and not my PC lol. I have a lot of footage other than the above as well of me crashing to login, and you get fully penalized:

1. You cannot rejoin after you crash/leave the BG.
    2. You get no AP for the match at all.
    3. You set your team at a numbers disadvantage, specifically if you're playing with friends.
    4. You're locked out of doing another BG for 20 minutes.

I haven't crashed to login in awhile, at least two weeks now, so no idea if they fixed it or I'm just be conservative with who I chain to.
    PC-NA
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue seems to be fixed with the last Xbox patch:
    General

Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur during combat.

I played BGs all day yesterday and nobody was dropping out like what I described above. Thanks ZoS.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 29, 2018 1:43PM