The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why Killing a Player not Drop any Loot

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Killing a player in Cyrodiil or BG only grants XP and AP,

We shall have PVP Zone where player shall drop least value 3 items in Inventory (or can be implemented in someway better).

Old School Runescape PVP was fun at least players kill for loot! or duels allow betting.
Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 25, 2018 12:38PM
  • Jingleclaw
    Jingleclaw
    ✭✭✭
    yeah...no
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be an empty campaign, only elitists searching for noobs. I would never go there.
    You want something of value, there is Imperial City.

Unless the loot would be taken from the game not players, based on RNG like when you kill an overland mob. You kill a player and game gives you randomly generated stuff. For more trolling both sides could see the loot.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you. I don’t wanna lose all my stuff for just dying.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZOS wants you to play the rest of the game to get your loot. You want dungeon gear? You have to run dungeons. You want crafting supplies? You have to farm or buy them. You want siege equipment? You have to buy them for AP.

If this death penalty took from inventory, you'd see people start running around with nothing but siege weapons and vendor junk in their inventory. It would be easily bypassed. And you'd get to enjoy that Pact Ballista (that you cant use) and 2 Foul Hides. Much joy may you get of them!

Although the idea of betting on duels is kinda cool and you could already do that informally. It would be limited to unbound items.
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city needs better rewards, (mother of pearl for tel var, actually desirable PvP gear, or very hard to obtain unique styles/furnishings) and a better system of max tel var loss comparable to what the person killling you is carrying.

ZOS put the (currently) most valuable imp city drops on the freaking PVE event in the PVP zone!!!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because ZOS wants you to play the rest of the game to get your loot. You want dungeon gear? You have to run dungeons. You want crafting supplies? You have to farm or buy them. You want siege equipment? You have to buy them for AP.

If this death penalty took from inventory, you'd see people start running around with nothing but siege weapons and vendor junk in their inventory. It would be easily bypassed. And you'd get to enjoy that Pact Ballista (that you cant use) and 2 Foul Hides. Much joy may you get of them!

Although the idea of betting on duels is kinda cool and you could already do that informally. It would be limited to unbound items.

I wrote a different Zone, it may not be Cyrodiil as PVP is dying slow death and it needs to get back.

Just capturing keeps is simply not enough.

I mentioned one possible option can be getting items from player inventory or any other solution (feasible) shall apply (i.e. Random Drop like monster drops)
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 25, 2018 3:06PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wrote a different Zone, it may not be Cyrodiil as PVP is dying slow death and it needs to get back.

Just capturing keeps is simply not enough.

I mentioned one possible option can be getting items from player inventory or any other solution (feasible) shall apply (i.e. Random Drop like monster drops)

Oh, a new zone?

Hmm.
    Cyrodiil is dying because of persistent performance issues that ZOS can't or won't fix.

Imperial City, where you get Tel Var for killing other players, has a decent population only a few weeks out of the year during midyear mayhem and its anniversary.

Battlegrounds struggled with population at launch, when it went CP, and now when it when base game thanks to bad MMR, queue bugs, and other issues.

Yes, what this game really, really needs to save PVP is a new zone where players lose items (Imperial City, but worse) or get vendor trash drops for killing other players (Imperial City, but suckier rewards).

Maybe when we can fill our current zones and ZOS has fixed the performance issues that will plague this zone too, I'll take this suggestion more seriously.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We shall have PVP Zone where player shall drop least value 3 items in Inventory.
    Can i haz your sharpened vMA daggers please?

Thank you kindly ...
    ninja.gif
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would Love this
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pride drops. Is that not good enough?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And either people will have nothing on them or the campaign will be dead
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO, it'd be more useless stuff in our inventory.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even less reason to solo play lol, no thanks.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's a zergling gonna do with 1/18th of a Balorgh helmet?
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Argonians and Khajiit drop Rubedo scraps.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GFHYZex.gif
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only purpose of this would be to alleviate pve players of their gear they farmed by pvp players who want that gear but are too cool or elite to run the content.

Actual pvpers would immediately drop all items they care about in an inventory box, the bank or a mule, so you would have little to no reason to fight someone who could kill you.

Do you also like taking candy from babies and kicking the crutches out of the injured?

100% nothing gained here but anger from griefing players.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres the problem? U can send a player that kills u three valueable items from your inventory per mail. The names r on the deathrecap.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, lets reduce the population of Cyrodiil even more since many would just choose not to bother with this idea.

Thing is, OP did not even suggest a reasoning. Wants it just because.

If you cannot bother explaining the reasoning behind the suggestion and how it is expected to effect the game then why should Zos even read it? Serious question?
    Edited by idk on November 26, 2018 6:38PM
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killing a player in Cyrodiil or BG only grants XP and AP,

We shall have PVP Zone where player shall drop least value 3 items in Inventory (or can be implemented in someway better).

Old School Runescape PVP was fun at least players kill for loot! or duels allow betting.

I vote for dropping the complete inventory.!!!!
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As long as locked gear doesn't count, i would be on board. Adds a bit of spice to PvP.

However, with group PvP in ESO there is too much zerg mentality so I don't think it would fit. It would fit however in a complete free-for-all PvP zone.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mainly carry crap in my inv nothing of any even my pvp gear aint worth much, would just make people gain a buttload of useless stuff, Like I think I have a bunch of siege gear, sets of items of gear I am trying out though nothing beyound purple color apart from one piece

So yeah no, I would carry even more junk in pvp if that happen just to toy with people
    Edited by RedTalon on November 26, 2018 8:22PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Loot from the game would be easily exploitable. Loot taken from the player would lead to people going with only lockpicks in their inventory after the vast majority rage quit.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As soon as you enable drops from players (even just random loot), you will see people from opposite factions just killing each other back and forth for it if it's worthwhile and if the loot isn't worthwhile then there was no point adding it in.

Remember, when you make suggestions, always assume someone somewhere will find a way to min/max that suggestion. Always consider edge cases and repercussions of the change. Just simply suggesting that players should drop something upon death is short sighted and ill conceived. The players do drop something, AP. You kill a player, you get AP which you can then exchange for items, including set items. So in a way, killing players already rewards loot, just in a roundabout sort of way.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess somebody is no longer content with killing players and now instead wants to kill PvP.
    Edited by Galarthor on November 26, 2018 9:21PM
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to waste peoples time looting my purple gear.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be the PvP equivalent of Ancestor Silk dropping leftover Crawlers. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL.

A little know fact is that they invented MMO banks exactly for that purpose. An the roots are from RPG. It is immersive to loot someones boots or all of him. Thats why they call it bank and not storage vault :)

But not all was good back then. So, no thank you. Not in ESO, not in a game with restricted PvP.
    Edited by mague on November 27, 2018 10:51AM
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO isn't Rust.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others