Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Factions locked out of others' zones

KerinKor
KerinKor
✭✭✭✭✭
Is this game like WOW and Rift where effectively each faction is only able to explore and level in 'their' zones? In those games while the zones themselves are 'open' there are no quests doable and so they become largely no-go areas for leveling purposes.

I've only just got beyond Bleakrock on my Ebonheart character but now think I'll miss out on the other starting zones. Yes, I can create 'alts' and will almost certainly do but it's not the same really.
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    For your level 1-50 experience, you will not be able to see your opposing faction's zones for that character. Once you reach level 50, you will be able to do what's referred to as 50+ and 50++ content, which is largely going to those zones and doing their quests (leveled up to your level).

There will be no enemies here as far as players go, so while the suspense of PVP will be absent while you are questing, your thirst can likely be squelched in Cyrodiil :)
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, I haven't come across this 50+ content, all I've read is the 'veteran' stuff in what I thought was its' own dedicated zones.

Oh, and I don't PVP so I'm not looking to gank lowbies. ;)