The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Sorc with Pet and Spell Stategist Set

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Seeing this in zone chat all the time for sale. It's single target, grants spell damage against the marked target. Question, I'm built towards a lot of high AOE dmg but I also run Ilambis so toss out a lot of light attacks which also build up ultimate before main bosses. Once my target is marked does my AOE damage on the marked target increase while still providing normal AOE dmg on all other mobs? I tried to find info on google but no luck. I'm almost sure it does, am leaning towards this set just to see how it does but had this one question.

Anyone have any good PVE magsorc pet builds that are a bit more less glass cannon leaning? I'm running 44k mana and 19k health.

Spell Strategist
LEVEL 50 - CP 160
Type PvP
Set bonus
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(5 items) When you deal damage with a Light Attack, you place a mark over your target for 5 seconds, granting you 500 Spell Damage against your marked target. This effect can occur every 4 seconds.
Edited by Veinblood1965 on November 23, 2018 3:40PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some players are running a high health set to improve their damage shield.

@jabrone77 mentioned in another thread they were running Green Pact with Necropotence ... though you could also consider Plague Doctor, Warrior Poet, or crafted Orgnum’s Scales.

If you use a high health set, it’s always nice to equip those as weapons and jewelry ... so that you don’t lose your light armor passives.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once my target is marked does my AOE damage on the marked target increase while still providing normal AOE dmg on all other mobs?

Do you have access to a training dummy? Should be easy to test ... (If you already have the set that is)
    idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on November 23, 2018 5:59PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like some players are running a high health set to improve their damage shield.

@jabrone77 mentioned in another thread they were running Green Pact with Necropotence ... though you could also consider Plague Doctor, Warrior Poet, or crafted Orgnum’s Scales.

If you use a high health set, it’s always nice to equip those as weapons and jewelry ... so that you don’t lose your light armor passives.

Good advise thank you, also you SirAndy. I do have access to a training dummy just not the sets yet. Guess I just need to dive in and play around with some combo's.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read it as the mark inflicting the extra damage, not that it increases the damage from other attacks. I would expect that the AoE's are just going to do what they always do, no more, no less.

It lasts 5 seconds, but can be refreshed at 4. Unclear is how that 500 damage happens, but presumably at a rate of 100/sec evenly, so if you're light attacking constantly, you'd only see 400, as you'd restart it before the whole 500 is done. Bottom line seems to be 100 damage/sec additional, minus whatever the set it replaced gave you.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    I read it as the mark inflicting the extra damage, not that it increases the damage from other attacks. I would expect that the AoE's are just going to do what they always do, no more, no less.

It lasts 5 seconds, but can be refreshed at 4. Unclear is how that 500 damage happens, but presumably at a rate of 100/sec evenly, so if you're light attacking constantly, you'd only see 400, as you'd restart it before the whole 500 is done. Bottom line seems to be 100 damage/sec additional, minus whatever the set it replaced gave you.

the set is 500 extra spell damage, the stat, not actual damage from a proc or something. the extra spell damage is really significant. the only thing that a pet sorc, which the OP sounds like, that would not benefit from more spell damage is the scamp, as that is scaled with only max magic.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 27, 2018 3:39PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had time to test yet but will after I gather a few set pieces and then test. You would assume that the extra spell damage would also include any AOE dmg to the marked target. If so I don't see any drawbacks to still using AOE's. I lean towards heavy AOE dmg in dungeons most of the time. Also if so I can give up some magika for durability.

I'll come back and post my findings and appreciate the comments.