The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recommendations on Black Fredas sale items for returning player

Stevarian
Stevarian
Soul Shriven
I am a returning player, and just posted yesterday on what to purchase to get back into the game. I did that, and picked up the ESO collection, now I am wondering if there are some good Crown store items to get now while they are on sale? Thanks!
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if the sale is over yet, but the banker is a really useful and 1500 crowns off!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Stevarian
    Stevarian
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you....looks like the sale is still on for about 18-19 more hours. The banker does sound useful. I was wondering about the "Black Fredas Special",
    "An 8,100 Crown Value for 1,900 Crowns! Over 75% off!
    Black Fredas Soot Stallion mount
    10 Experience Scrolls
    10 Riding Speed Lessons
    10 Riding Capacity Lessons
    10 Fortifying Meals
    10 Soul Gems
    50 Tri-Restoration Potions"

Is that a decent deal?

Thanks again!
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Do you like the horse ? if so, then it's reasonably priced (compared to the usual absurd prices ZOS practises). If not, then it's a pretty mediocre pack : the only things of interest in it are the riding lessons, in my opinion.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stevarian wrote: »
    Thank you....looks like the sale is still on for about 18-19 more hours. The banker does sound useful. I was wondering about the "Black Fredas Special",
    "An 8,100 Crown Value for 1,900 Crowns! Over 75% off!
    Black Fredas Soot Stallion mount
    10 Experience Scrolls
    10 Riding Speed Lessons
    10 Riding Capacity Lessons
    10 Fortifying Meals
    10 Soul Gems
    50 Tri-Restoration Potions"

Is that a decent deal?

Thanks again!

If you like the horse, it is definitely a good deal! The Tri-Stat food is not as good as some stuff that can be crafted in the game and the soul gems are pretty useless, but everything else would be useful for someone who is not maxed out. I'm not sure how far along your mount training is, but the lessons would be helpful for sure! Something else to keep in mind is that they usually give a lot of experience scrolls away during Daily Rewards. But they're still good to have.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Stevarian
    Stevarian
    Soul Shriven
    I have not done any mount training....I only have the mount you get with the Imperial edition, and to be honest, have not played the game a whole lot up till now.

Are things like the banker account bound (usable by all alts), or only for one character?
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stevarian The banker is account bound. It's pretty useful but even with the sale, if you convert the crowns into real money, it remains quite expensive. It's not a necessity - I myself do not have it - but I know that most people who get it do not regret it. It's all about how much you're willing to spend.

If you don't have any mount training then the Black Fredas Special is a bit more interesting. Still, it's filled with a lot of poor consumables too. Again, it's all about how you feel like playing. If you don't play much, maybe the banker won't be that useful. You could also feel like you don't have the patience to slowly upgrade your horse daily - in that case the mount training sounds very interesting to give you a starting boost. (But then, people who play daily also feel like dragging themselves across Tamriel at a snail pace is a pain in the neck so...)

I waited quite some time before putting money in the game to make sure I was invested enough for it since the crownstore is so absurdly expensive, so I may not the best judge.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Stevarian
    Stevarian
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! In games like WoW, I have never had a problem going back to town to put stuff in the bank, or sell junk to merchants, so it sounds like it would not be that big of a deal. I may do the same thing you mentioned and give the game some time before I invest in these kinds of options. And you are right, I did the calculation, and the banker is about $25.00 real money on sale....
  • Lorel
    Lorel
    Stevarian wrote: »
    Thanks! In games like WoW, I have never had a problem going back to town to put stuff in the bank, or sell junk to merchants, so it sounds like it would not be that big of a deal. I may do the same thing you mentioned and give the game some time before I invest in these kinds of options. And you are right, I did the calculation, and the banker is about $25.00 real money on sale....

Bag space is more of a issue in this game then it is in Wow.

I got the Banker on special and I have to says it's one of the best items I have gotten from the Crown Store. I really think you should get that.