Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XBOX1 NA - Guild CHAT CHANNELS DISAPPEAR

SpunkDiz
SpunkDiz
✭✭
It’s already super frustrating to automatically be forced into group chat when you form a group (this should be an option you can toggle off btw).

Now after getting in group chat and trying to switch back to our guild member chat when you select on the chat channel it disappears from the list.

Click on another channel then it disappears - sometimes just logging off the game and relogging is enough but sometimes you have to hard reset the Xbox.

It’s a pain in the ass as it causes multiple delays for Trial Runs and other events we try to do as a guild. Please look into how this can be fixed. It has been an ongoing problem. Worse now after the recent patch.
  • SpunkDiz
    SpunkDiz
    ✭✭
    Updated:

Here are some more things we are experiencing - this has all happened over the course of the last 2 hours:

Chat goes “robot” all of us get corrupted voicechat and sound like malfunctioning robots.

Chat resets kicks everyone out and into an endless loop.

Chat says I am in the channel but I can’t hear anyone/cannot speak.

• Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has happened to me and has been happening to me on Xbox NA. There have been multiple threads on this. I know because I have commented in a couple of them. I have not seen any response by anyone at ZoS to this issue and it has been going on for months. If they are aware and are fixing it they have not told us unless I missed it somewhere. It was happening to myself last night and a guild-mate who was trying to join our group chat the day before.

When can us Xbox players expect a fix for these chat issues @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

Edit: the multiple threads have been about the issues with the never ending loop of changing chat channels which requires a re-boot to fix.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned chat channels straight up disappearing but it's still an issue for many players regardless.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on December 6, 2017 3:25PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just bumping. Chat channels disappearing occasionally when joining a group, and the automatic switching to group chat when joining a group has been an annoyance since forever.
  • SinfulPrinc3ss
    SinfulPrinc3ss
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox Na here as well. Ive noticed the chat channel dissapearance more since clockwork update. Very frystrating that at times the channels wont even comeback after a cache clean and a hard reset. Ive always hated being forced into group chat as well. I play with mainky guildies so theres no need for group chat to be forced on me or anyone else.
    SinfulPrinc3ss Xbox Na
    kajiit stamblade AD
    imperial stamtank AD
    high elf magplar AD
    high elf magplar AD
    wood elf stamblade EP
    breton templar healer AD
    high elf magsorc AD
    dark elf magblade AD
    redguard stamsorc AD
    high elf magplar DC
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here
  • SpunkDiz
    SpunkDiz
    ✭✭
    This continues to be an issue for us on XBOX NA - one thing we have had some luck with is traveling to a group member if you have lost group chat. But it continues to cause delays and frustration when grouping for trials.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that there has not been a single public post from anyone at ZoS on this issue is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. Many of us pay a monthly premium subscription tier and have been forced to re-log multiple times a day for almost 5 months due to this stupid issue.

Give us a status update give us an acknowledgement give us an acceptance of defeat and tell us it will never be fixed for the love of God tell us SOMETHING
  • Anne13
    Anne13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happening PS4 Eu
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part is having to requeue for a campaign after having to relog...it really makes me very, very happy.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    The best part is having to requeue for a campaign after having to relog...it really makes me very, very happy.

They don't even acknowledge how much of a time-sink this issue is for players in terms of forced re-logs and extra queues. By leaving this bug unfixed for 4 months they are telling us that their time is more important than ours. It's legitimately insulting. So beyond fed up with this BS
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are you doing buried, little eternal bug report? Let's move you back up.
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I literally have to quit game and start it back up to fix it. Logging out doesnt work for me. Really annoying.
    Xbox One Na
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One home remedy, because that's what we're reduced to at this point since the problem won't ever be even acknowledged, is to always leave one chat before trying to join another.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening. This still hasn't been looked at or replied to.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BG Dailies broken...bug report...responded to in 5 hours.

Happy 5 month anniversary, XBOX Chat Channels Disappearing!
  • SpunkDiz
    SpunkDiz
    ✭✭
    Continues to happen and still no acknowledgment from team or fix.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super bump! We're creeping up on the one year anniversary of Xbox chat channels vanishing with still no acknowledgement of the issue at all! This ties in to a general complaint: "Why is the game switching the channel for me when I join a group in the first place?"
    The switching would be fine, of course, if doing so didn't regularly make both the channel I was in, and the channel I was forced into disappear forcing me to reset the game.
    Anyway, it's still happening.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening. Any hope for getting this addressed in the next update?
  • anndr0id
    anndr0id
    BUG REPORT - NEW DIAGNOSTIC DISCOVERY (Game dev here)
    Issue originating functionality/feature: Groups (not guilds)

System: Xbox One OS 10.0.17134.4071 - mid 2015 device | XBL ID: dr0idness
    Game: ESO, Tamriel Unlimited, Version 1.12.2.0
    Addons: Explorers Pack, Imperial Edition Bonus
    NOTE: Purchased PC, transfered to XBOX

NEW DISCOVERY:
    - Two guild members experienced bug, both logged out and back in (did NOT restart). Both were placed in a NEW instance of the group voice chat with each other, separate from the rest of the group, however were still in the group, and other group members were in original instance.

Steps to reproduce:
    - In a group voice chat
    - Change voice chat to a guild chat
    - Attempt to change to another guild chat (another guild) or back to group chat.

Expected results:
    - Join the voice channel for that guild chat or group

Actual results:
    - Any further selected chat (except area) disappears completely from voice chat list, no chat is joined.
    - Any further voice chats attempted to join also disappear from list

Logout/Login does not fix.
    Full restart of game has them reappear.

Current reproduction rate: 100% when in group

Suggested Priority Level: High (requires restart, disconnects all guild/group activities including dungeons)

For others experiencing, it might help if you can document some of the stats I did at the top (sometimes a game version, OS, or addon could be the cause), and if you start in a group chat, join group chat then switch back, and how many times you switch before disappear

Use Cases:
    #1 (After bug) - to outrule issues when not in a group
    - Left group
    - Restarted and was auto joined to last disappearing guild chat.
    - Switched to several other guild chats and area chat with no issue.
    Edited by anndr0id on August 24, 2018 7:52PM
    XB NA | Gamertag: dr0idness
    Developer | EA Alumni
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ps4na as well (also it's very annoying being put in area chat automatically!!!)
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    XBOX NA - Have the disappearing chat issue and have had it for months. A solid 50 members of my guild have had it happen. It requires a full, hard restart of the game to fix it.
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Mr_Wolfe
    Mr_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    This is absurd. We're seeing major, well known guilds implode due to this bug, because no one can communicate reliably during events.

Why should we continue to play and spend money on this game when a basic, core function has been broken for over a year and ZOS can't even bother to acknowledge it?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug must be flagged as low priority. After all, it's just disappearing channels and being forced to relog. Not as important as some of the chair fixes.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    This bug must be flagged as low priority. After all, it's just disappearing channels and being forced to relog. Not as important as some of the chair fixes.

The lowest of low priorities
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening. One-year anniversary is approaching, and I hear the appropriate one-year gift is a response. Fingers crossed.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a year on PS4 as well.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This bug still hasn't healed itself.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hilariously, I bumped this year old bug report yesterday, and two new reports already got a response within hours of being reported, but not this one.
    Keep up the great communication and speedy bug resolution ZOS.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Reloadui

If that doesn't work, leave, /reloadui, join again.

For the sound join an XBL party, then switch back to game chat.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    /Reloadui

If that doesn't work, leave, /reloadui, join again.

For the sound join an XBL party, then switch back to game chat.

Great, that fixes the bug completely and isn't at all a workaround.
    I don't like XBL parties and prefer game chat. I also prefer not having chat channels disappearing, which is probably a tall order, but acknowledging the bug within a year is something ZOS could do pretty easily.