Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Making alts

Mie87
Mie87
✭✭✭
Hi, I'd like to know what you guys will do, level a character in let's say AD ( and only in that zone ) and make alts in the two other zones, or make one character that finishes all 3 zones?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably 1 in each alliance, and crafting alts for the rest.

IMHO, there is very little per-alliance replayability right now. There's some different options in quests, but not enough to make a meaningful impact. The play experience will essentially be the same in a given alliance, unless you happen to find a side-quest or two you forgot the first time.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 8:13AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »
    Probably 1 in each alliance, and crafting alts for the rest.

IMHO, there is very little per-alliance replayability right now. There's some different options in quests, but not enough to make a meaningful impact. The play experience will essentially be the same in a given alliance, unless you happen to find a side-quest or two you forgot the first time.

Yes but I actually mean, is it possible to not do the 50+ zones with one character or would I really miss out for that character?
    That way the other zones are also 'new' for an alt.

• katfiveknivesub17_ESO
    One in each alliance, AD is main for fighting and the rest for crafting and extra bank storage. I have 5 characters atm.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mie87 wrote: »
    Yes but I actually mean, is it possible to not do the 50+ zones with one character or would I really miss out for that character?
    That way the other zones are also 'new' for an alt.

From my understanding you're not really forced to do the other zones with your character, but those other zones are what net you Veteran levels, which is more skill points. Someone with more experience will hopefully chime in.
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Mmm it's kind of a loss indeed I fear if you don't do the veteran levels.
    I'm also sure how it would be to quest in enemy zones.. seems weird
  • Thete
    Thete
    ✭✭✭
    Levelling them in EP for now. I will make one for each of the other two factions at some point in the future.
  • Mie87
    Mie87
    ✭✭✭
    Thete wrote: »
    Levelling them in EP for now. I will make one for each of the other two factions at some point in the future.

So you don't mind about the extra skill points?

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I understand your question, yes it's possible to do all 3 alliances with one character, after you reach level 50.

I guess there's some lore explanation to it, but I don't want to know/see the spoiler for that.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 7, 2014 8:55AM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    well early on I'll do one of each alliance then once they are leveled a bit I'll probably add a few more. I can already see the need for an equiptment mule as the shared bank is nice and all but someone needs to hang onto the stuff I plan to deconstruct.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put all my alts into one alliance. It has some advantages. For instance, Cyrodiil won't be confusing (yay, all keeps are red! oh wait, this character plays for the blue guys >.<). Also, gathering provisioning materials won't fill more bank space than necessary(same effect food item, different components in each alliance). Etc. etc.
    :)