The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most cost effective way to get back into game with Morrowind & Summerset - already have Imperial ed.

Stevarian
Stevarian
Soul Shriven
Hello, first post here. I bought ESO Digital Imperial edition back in 2013, and played off and on over the years. I would like to get back into the game and was trying to figure out the least expensive way to get Morrowind and Summerset since there are some sales right now. I do not have my game through Steam, but was thinking that if I bought the base game on sale thru Steam, it includes Morrowind and is only 9.99, then get Summerset for $11.09.
Otherwise it looks like I would have to buy Morrowind as DLC, and even at the best price for Crowns, it would be $17.49 just for Morrowind.
If I do purchase thru Steam, if I connect my current ESO account thru Steam, will it still be the Imperial edition? Or am I looking at this whole thing the wrong way?
Thanks in advance for the advice!
Edited by Stevarian on November 25, 2018 2:04AM
  • Aiko
    Aiko
    ✭✭✭
    Either you buy...

The TESO Collection for 40 Bucks in the ESO Store
    The TESO Collection on Steam for 40 Bucks (Not sure if exisiting accounts work with the steam version tho)

The Summerset Upgrade starting at 11.09 in the ESO Store and then Morrowind Ingame for 2450 Crowns (2 days left).

Depends also if you wanna spend money on ESO Plus.
    The Collection contains all Story DLCs up to Summerset - Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild etc.

If you only buy Summerset and Morrowind you would only have access to Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild etc. either through a Subscription or by buying them later. (Would recommend to play them before Morrowind tho if you care about the Story).

I would just go with the Collection personally. 50% discount on that is not bad. Unless of course you want the Collectors Editions. Then you have to buy them individually.

A shame that you are a bit too late for the ultimate deal.
    When Summerset released, you go Morrowind for free with it as pre-order bonus.
    Also this months daily rewards contains a free version of Murkmire - which you can sadly no longer reach if you start playing today - since it takes 24 days to reach.

Your decision what to do.
    Fast is fine, but accurate is final.
    Options
  • Stevarian
    Stevarian
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you Aiko, that was exactly the information I needed!
    Options