The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Theory Crafting ... Vanguard's Challenge + Innerfire

Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
So I'm theorycrafting here and it dawned on me, what if you don Vanguard's Challenge and slot Inner Fire and stay max distance of innerfire for the taunt? It seems like such a niche set, would people instantly catch on and jump the taunter?
Vanguard's Challenge:
(5 items) When you taunt an enemy Player, they deal 50% less damage to all other Players but 100% more damage to you for 15 seconds.
Inner Fire:
Ignite the fires of hate in an enemy's heart, dealing 410 Magic Damage and taunting them to attack you for 15 seconds.

Grants a 15% chance that allies targeting this enemy can activate the Radiate synergy, dealing 303 Magic Damage to a target enemy over 2 seconds, and then causing the target to explode for 982 Magic Damage to all nearby enemies.
Tremorscale
When you taunt an enemy, you have a 50% chance to cause a duneripper to burst from the ground beneath them, dealing 6500 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters after 1 second and reducing their Movement Speed by 70% for 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
Edited by Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino on November 18, 2018 2:43PM
PC-NA
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That set would be very strong if ESO had a competitive scene. You would use it to neutralize an enemy team's best damage dealer, while your team keeps him from getting to you.

I bet you can use it right now and the people affected wouldn't even know what's going on. You're gonna get deleted from the game once they catch up though.

On paper it looks strong. I've definitely thought about using it, but there's no point due to the lack of competitiveness.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it'd get much use even if there were some real competitive game mode(s), with coordinated teams facing off against each other. If you keep away from the taunted target sufficiently, they probably wouldn't need to move very far to break out of the debuff's range. 'Course, keeping away from many classes is easier said than done to begin with, especially since you'll need to pop out to re-taunt every so often. And even if they don't move out of range to break the debuff, they'll still be doing 50% damage to your teammates while you're taken out of the fight almost entirely (popping out to fire ranged attacks could happen, but it'd be pretty risky).
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useless against NBs. the set stops working the moment they cloak. + You wouldnt want to taking double damage from the most broken class in the game.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think unless people are watching their outgoing Damage numbers, they wouldn't catch on to what is happening very quickly.
    But once they do, I guess you would become the target of the whole group.

I might use this later though, just for science, and see how it goes.
    I have an idea that might make it viable, taking out the targeted ranged DD, and also still doing damage yourself.

Edited by dtsharples on November 17, 2018 12:40PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, does the set only allow you to target a single player?
    Or could you taunt all 4 and then just run around like a madman :D
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    I haven't tested yet, but it's fairly cheap if you want to test:

Source
    PC-NA
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can keep multiple targets taunted and debuffed.

Yes it works with inner fire.

Affected target can see an easily recognizable visual effect linking them to you.

Yes it could be strong on a "tank" that would be guarded by the healer, if he can keep 2+ targets taunted at all times.

No the best organized groups don't really need to bother with this to crush their opponents.
    Edited by Aznox on November 19, 2018 10:05AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Sounds like it's one of those theory crafted builds that'd be awesome on paper and completely flop in action. Nonetheless, it's a cool concept.
    PC-NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s stupidly OP in GvG.

We ran it at a meetup once. It got added to the banned set list the next day lol.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp