The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Map pins and skyshards, no icons

Dlbaker2
Dlbaker2
Soul Shriven
So I downloaded and installed map pins addon but there are no icons for skyshards or lorebooks, everything else pops up. It works just fine. Except that skyshards and lorebooks do not have an icon set next to there name so they are invisible on the map. Does anyone else experience this issue, and how can I fix it?
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you enable them on map legend?
    Rawr
  • Dlbaker2
    Dlbaker2
    Soul Shriven
    I did yes. In the filters, there are icons next to each thing it tracks (dungeon bosses are a skull with crossing swords, unknown POI is a eye, etc.) But by skyshards and lorebooks there are no icons and even though I have them checked they are invisible on the map.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the same problem, but I dont remember how I fix them. Maybe check/disable other addons which work with the same map pins?
    Rawr
  • Dlbaker2
    Dlbaker2
    Soul Shriven
    It's the only addon that I have downloaded. I honestly think it might not be the addon or what I did because everything else works and pops up. It might be the game just not letting me see skyshards.
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Dlbaker2 wrote: »
    It's the only addon that I have downloaded. I honestly think it might not be the addon or what I did because everything else works and pops up. It might be the game just not letting me see skyshards.

I haven't contributed much because I honestly have no idea what could cause the symptoms you describe, but please, favor me with this "is it plugged in, and switched on" question:

Can you post a screenshot of your map, with both "complete" and "incomplete" skyshards ticked, and "World Achievements" turned on, for Auridon? I want to compare it to what I have available.
  • MissFortuna
    MissFortuna
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same issue. It seems the game is not loading the custom icon images located directly inside the add-on folder. The other icons that DO show up (world bosses, dungeon, etc) are loaded from esoui instead. I'm not sure if it's the cause of the issue but it's an observation, i hope it helps.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    if youre installing from minion, try reinstalling it manually instead. minion has problems installing custom icons sometimes
    eisley the worst
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Xbox. Wondering same thing....
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to check your installation path... I know there was a note posted with MapPins stating to check your install path and make sure it installed to AddOns/MapPins and NOT AddOns/MapPins/MapPins.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • MissFortuna
    MissFortuna
    Soul Shriven
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Be sure to check your installation path... I know there was a note posted with MapPins stating to check your install path and make sure it installed to AddOns/MapPins and NOT AddOns/MapPins/MapPins.

Aha! this one actually worked for me. Surprinsingly this is the first time ive seen this suggestion, such a simple one too! thank you VERY much! ^^
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Aha! this one actually worked for me. Surprinsingly this is the first time ive seen this suggestion, such a simple one too! thank you VERY much! ^^

Well, almost everyone uses minion, or unpacks the addon into the correct directory, so this is a vanishingly rare problem. More "so, your computer isn't working ... is it plugged in?" sort of level. :)
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for this thread! I was having the same issue and because of this thread I discovered I had my addons installed as AddOns/MapPins/MapPins. bahahaha