Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's your Favorite Lore?

gjohnson146
gjohnson146
✭✭
I came into the Elder Scrolls series and have loved the lore ever since! There is just so much to get into and love. I personally love the Khajiit (the race I play) and the Argonian lore. How about you guys? What's your favorite lore subjects and stories??

May the Stars Guide Your Steps,
Walks-On-Paws
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fate of Nerevar in TES III Morrowind. Everyone has their own opinion on what happened and how Nerevar died, but its never actually confirmed and its left to the players to make their own conclusion.
  • ProudImperial
    ProudImperial
    Soul Shriven
    The history of the imperials is a favorite one for me.
    Also, the history of the altmer, and how those altmer travelled away from Summerset to Morrowind to become chimer and later Dunmer and so on
    But what fascinates me the most are the dwemer.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love clockwork city lore so much that I decided to edit for UESP and fill out its clockwork city lore page.
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 25, 2018 4:18AM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial lore is some of my favorite. Especially militarily.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The promethean aspects of Lorkhan <3
    PC EU
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oblivion Crisis 😎
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Scythe_Mercer
    Scythe_Mercer
    ✭✭✭
    Ancient civilizations such as Ayleid, Dwemer, Chimer, Aldmer, etc.
  • Darkcaster224
    Darkcaster224
    Soul Shriven
    Everything about the towers, the wheel, dragonbreaks, chim, amaranth, the loveletter from the 5th era, coda and so on
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything about the towers, the wheel, dragonbreaks, chim, amaranth, the loveletter from the 5th era, coda and so on

Gods, no. Too much unofficial Kirkbride material.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    For me I love the most the subjects that touch upon Cosmology in ESO
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bruccius
    The Towers, the Wheel, Dragonbreaks are all canon due to the recent questchains.

But, CHIM, Amaranth and all that 5th Era/C0da nonsense is no longer canon or it was rewritten to actually make sense. @Darkcaster224

Micheal Kirkbride got that filter he desperately needed (thanks to those current writers), because without a filter...Kirkbride's lore on metaphysics is nonsense, absolute rubbish. You get crazy crap like KINMUNE or the Magna-Ge...Give that a read and the only thing you'll think is, "what is this man on?"

On topic though, my favorite lore is actually mundane cultural lore. While I know a lot about the metaphysics, I feel the mundane culture stuff tends to get neglected and ESO has been doing a good job covering that 'menial' stuff.
    Edited by Claudman on November 20, 2018 10:39PM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the weird metaphysical stuff... not the mundane and boring stuff that we got past Oblivion.

That's the awesome thing about ES... everyone can believe what they like and ignore the parts that they don't like.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leeux

I like the weird metaphysical stuff too, but Kirkbride metaphysics is...A whole different story.
    I prefer ESO metaphysics. It isn't too much (c0da), but isn't too little (Like how Skyrim and Oblivion were utterly mundane).

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    @Bruccius
    The Towers, the Wheel, Dragonbreaks are all canon due to the recent questchains.

But, CHIM, Amaranth and all that 5th Era/C0da nonsense is no longer canon or it was rewritten to actually make sense. @Darkcaster224

Micheal Kirkbride got that filter he desperately needed (thanks to those current writers), because without a filter...Kirkbride's lore on metaphysics is nonsense, absolute rubbish. You get crazy crap like KINMUNE or the Magna-Ge...Give that a read and the only thing you'll think is, "what is this man on?"

On topic though, my favorite lore is actually mundane cultural lore. While I know a lot about the metaphysics, I feel the mundane culture stuff tends to get neglected and ESO has been doing a good job covering that 'menial' stuff.

Well, yeah, I know that.

I was more directly referring to the unlicensed Kirkbride stuff.
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bruccius It seems we dislike the same thing then.
    Unlicensed Kirkbride material...Ugh...

• NikellasGR
    for me is the
    1. Imperial lore
    2. Also, the altmer
    3. and Chimmer Dunmer
    4. Dragonbreak

My Top 3 TES Game by Lore:
    • 1:TESO
    • 2:TESV
    • 3:TES_REDGAURD
    For the Elder Scrolls Online Forum
    Nikellas
    Founder of Greek Elder Scrolls - GRES Guild
    Co-Founder of Corinthians Clan
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like all lore aspects of the game but my top preferences are things like the Ayleids, Dwemer and the Chimer.

Also I like the lore which is inspired by events that actually happened (e.g. the quest for Tsofeer cave in Murkmire is inspired by real historical events)

:smile:
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with some of you, I have a strong dislike of Kirkbridian lore, especially the non canon stuff

My favorite lore has to be the lore of Mer and how the mer races came to be. I also enjoy the mythology as well
    Edited by PrayingSeraph on November 25, 2018 6:19AM
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I'm still lost, but the lore. Like I'm not sure if I should have started the Main Quest. because I've completely ignored
    "Talk to the hooded figure"

I might have done it backwards, but what I wanted to do was have my character Achieve the Hero of Daggerfall Covenant achievement.
    I think I did it backwards... I started in Storm Haven, then Rivenspire, to Alik'r, then to Bangkori. Was I suppose to do the Glenumbra Story Arc before Storm Haven? Oh well, cause I thought I'd have him ride to Daggerfall, and start the main quest after I did everything else.
    Edited by Mason_King on November 26, 2018 2:45PM
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the ES lore ... the whole thing going back to the beginning. There is so much of it, it can be a bit overwhelming at first ... at least it was for me when I first started becoming interested in that aspect of the ES games (several years ago). The more I learned about the lore (history), the more fascinated I became with it (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and ESO). I didn't just 'read' it ... I studied it ... like a history buff studies history. IMO, the more you understand the history (lore) of the ES games, the more it roots you in this virtual Elder Scrolls world.
    Edited by Maryal on November 26, 2018 4:38PM
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mason_King wrote: »
    I feel like I'm still lost, but the lore. Like I'm not sure if I should have started the Main Quest. because I've completely ignored
    "Talk to the hooded figure"

I might have done it backwards, but what I wanted to do was have my character Achieve the Hero of Daggerfall Covenant achievement.
    I think I did it backwards... I started in Storm Haven, then Rivenspire, to Alik'r, then to Bangkori. Was I suppose to do the Glenumbra Story Arc before Storm Haven? Oh well, cause I thought I'd have him ride to Daggerfall, and start the main quest after I did everything else.

Yeah, if you didn't do the questline in order of start to end zone, things may get a bit confusing.
  • AllegraLionheart
    Anything giving me more insight into the enigmatic Khajiiti patheon, afterlife, and origins. I think I've read everything there is to know about it, but I'm left with only more questions. I love it. :smile:

Also, Nordic culture, the Dragon War, that's my jam.
    PC/NA
    Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
    GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything with the imperials is number 1!
    The nords and the hugh elves are really awesome to. The story of Tiber Septim is really awesome. The dwemmer is always captivatinv because its an unfinished tail, its like the tv series that every episode its a cliff hanger so you have to watch another episode to find out what happens next, but ZOS isnt making any dwemmer episodes🤯
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm digging into Orc (Orsimer) lore. It is awesome!
  • Xylona
    Xylona
    ✭✭✭
    Anything related to Sotha Sil and his creations.
    Plus, majority of Altmer lore. Mostly because I like to learn more about my main's heritage and combine some with her story.
  • Machete
    Machete
    ✭✭✭
    Wood Elves baby. All day all night.

Lemon-Party

Monarch Wintervine, Stamina DK, AD
    Eiress Wintervine, Stamina Warden, AD
    Aelireed Auntumnvine, Stamina Necromancer, AD
    Sierena Hlaalu, Stamina Templar, AD
    Blou Springwillow, Stamina Sorc, AD
    Taliana Silverthorn, Stamina NB, AD
    Monarch Wíntervine, Stamina DK, EP
    Lily Hlaalu, Stamina NB, EP
    Tankito Fondlini, DK Tank, EP
    Evaii Spellborn, Magicka DK, AD
    Thellion Evaire, Magicka Warden, AD
    Weylenn Aenwee, Magicka Templar, AD
    Valianna Syn, Magicka Sorc, AD
    Aranyus Highren, Magicka NB, AD
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sermons 12 and 14. I just can't even with that courtship and divorce, that is some amazing dramatic stuff and we are left with a spear named Muatra. Vivec...dude, wow.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient civilizations such as Ayleid, Dwemer, Chimer, Aldmer, etc.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I'm particularly interested in their interactions with each other. I will say that my favorite ancient culture/civilization is the Nedes. They're on a level, for me, like I imagine the Dwemer are for most others. Loved the small pieces of history we got from Stonefalls quests involving the Chimer-Nede war. More small snippets in The Alik'r. I absolutely loved all of Craglorn dealing with their religion and the Yokudan invasion. Craglorn is my favorite zone and story-line so far. The ancient Argonian-Ayleid connection in Murkmire was rather interesting as well.
    Eporem wrote: »
    For me I love the most the subjects that touch upon Cosmology in ESO

This too. Yet another reason I loved Craglorn.

Beyond that I find Tower-lore very interesting but rather complex.

I also gained a new appreciation for daedric lore in the latest story arc from the Morrowind/Clockwork City/Summerset expansions. When Sotha Sil said "You trespass, Ur-dra. The Clockwork City shall bear your weight no longer." I didn't recall having ever heard, or knowing anything about, what "Ur-dra" is/was/meant. It sorta made me realize I didn't know as much as I would like to about the history of the daedra and gave me reason to spend many hours reading and researching.

• Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    1. TES Metaphysics, especially as laid out by Kirkbride both in-game and out-of-game. I barely care about discussions on what's canon.
    2. Nerevar and the Tribunal.
    3. Pelinal Whitestrake.
    4. The Mane as presented in ESO.
    5. The Dwemer and Numidium. "NO."
    Edited by Danel_Vadan on December 22, 2018 4:10AM
    Tam! RUGH!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit, Dwemer and Clockwork City lore for me.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com