Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Can only Imperial characters craft Imperial items?

DewiMorgan
DewiMorgan
✭✭✭
So, I bought the Imperial pack.

I created a crafting character that was Bosmer. Just spent over a week grinding crafting furiously... and only just realized that there are no stylebooks for Imperial crafting. And I didn't start out knowing it.

I can rightclick on items I've crafted to convert them to Imperial, but then they are bound to my account, which is no use.

So, just asking this to make 100% sure before trash this character, sigh deeply and start over: am I correct that the only race which can ever craft Imperial items, is an Imperial?

Best Answer

• Phoebvs
    Phoebvs
    Any character can craft any race's items.

The only thing you need is to find a Motif book, which can be a tricky thing, 'cause it's random in a same way as recipes are. And, yes, there are Imperial Motifs. People even trade them.

Up until you find that book, converting is the only option.

You may want to check Motifs farming hints
    Edited by Phoebvs on April 7, 2014 7:12AM
    Answer ✓
  • Nicor
    Nicor
    not 100% but i could have sworn i saw an imperial crafting motif in zone chat the other day.
  • DewiMorgan
    DewiMorgan
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebvs wrote: »
    Any character can craft any race's items.
    So you're saying fersure definitely there are Imperial motif books that exist?

...yes, it's right there in the video. EXCELLENT. Not just wasted my preview week. THANK YOU!
    Edited by DewiMorgan on April 7, 2014 7:14AM