The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tempering Alloy Curiosity

Finneholt
Finneholt
Greetings,

I have read a great deal about the conversion rate concerning Tempering Alloy (from multiple sources), and how much materials need to be refined for a single Alloy. I do appreciate my fellow gamers and the hard work they've put in to determining the exact ratio of conversion and sharing that info with people like me, but is there any current data directly from Zenimax (a link to or an actual quote) indicating the actual rate?

Best Answers

• Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll rarely, if ever, see the developers of a game, publicially announce the drop rate of a specific item. Your best bet is, as you say, the community-made lists and % - rates.

If you refine a lot(and I mean a lot, 2k+ at least) you'll on average get one alloy / 200 refined ore. But you need large quantities. If you refine less, you risk losing out cus the pool isn't big enough.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
    Answer ✓
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, they never actually tell you any rates or percentages.. you only ever get 'slightlt improved' rate or somesuch..
    PC-EU @lientier
    Answer ✓
  • Finneholt
    Finneholt
    Okay dokie, thanks lientier. I thought I'd take a shot and ask... I try to map out my crafting steps when I play and cautiously hoard materials before refining due to how long it takes to farm. Peace!
  • Finneholt
    Finneholt
    Thanks Lieblingsjunge! Peace!