Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Range issues

GrimMauKin
GrimMauKin
✭✭✭✭
I'm new to MMOs (but a bit of a Skyrim veteran). I'm experiencing some range issues in hand to hand combat. Once I've engaged someone in combat and then moved away to a point I can no longer hit them with my sword due to the range, the foes seem able to continue to hit me despite the fact that I would appear to be clearly outside of the range of their weapons.

Is this meant to happen or is this a bug?
I am one of The Great Mediocracy, those whose role in life is to provide the baseline by which The Few deem themselves Great.
  • Psychic_Kitty
    Psychic_Kitty
    ✭✭
    the way its coded its supposed to happen....as in they put in extra ranges to stop players from doing kite maneuvers or allow enemies to chase and hit they also want to allow retaliation no matter what.

But in essence its not a bug but a design flaw....as they don't allow players the ability to do the same thing. So enemies will at times sit right out side your range of attack and hit you while you cannot hit them.

What they should have done is given players the same abilities.
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭
    Use a bow in manual aiming mode!!!! o:)