The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Warden Sub Assault

Bkella
Bkella
✭✭✭
I've noticed that sometimes this skill hits twice? Is this just a random bug or intended....I've gotten hit with it multiple time, 4-6k twice from one sub. It's not all the time but randomly it occurs.
  • HallowedUndead
    From running it, i believe it can hit multiple times. Idk if it's bc it's an aoe, or if it's because the enemy moved between the shalks and therefore getting hit by two?
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only get hit once by it by a single person. We’re you fighting multiple people? Could be possible another guy hit you but he was further away
  • Bkella
    Bkella
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    You only get hit once by it by a single person. We’re you fighting multiple people? Could be possible another guy hit you but he was further away

Fighting 2 Wardens, hit by 3 subs - 2 by same person. And no there was no time to recast and hit another time because I died instantly with 2 dawnbreakers piled in there.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot if it happens again?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems the shalks themselves actually have collision and aren’t simply an animation (for example, if you face towards a corner and cast wall of elements, part of the animation extends through the wall. If you do the same and cast shalks, I’ve noticed two-three shalks piles on top of one another depending on how close I am). That would lead me to believe that maybe each of the three shalks is a separate instance of damage. If that’s the case and the shalks are stacked or if you’re overlapping two shalks, you’d take multiple hits from the same cast.

I have no clue how zos’ code actually looks for this though so that’s mostly speculation and might not actually be the case.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP you forgot to mention the most important thing. Did ZoS death log said you got hit twice or did addon tracking all damage showed 2 instances of sub assault damage at around the same time by the same user.
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bkella wrote: »
    I've noticed that sometimes this skill hits twice? Is this just a random bug or intended....I've gotten hit with it multiple time, 4-6k twice from one sub. It's not all the time but randomly it occurs.

Well if you slot a skill icon with the picture of a bug, activate the skill icon with a picture of a bug and bugs pop outta the ground...then I can't see how anyone could think that it was a random bug. No sir, someone intended for that bug to be there.

But seriously, what @jypcy said.
  • Bkella
    Bkella
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    OP you forgot to mention the most important thing. Did ZoS death log said you got hit twice or did addon tracking all damage showed 2 instances of sub assault damage at around the same time by the same user.

Death log showed it, and it wasn't the same number.