The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shadow Image

Stigant
Stigant
✭✭✭✭
Shadow Image: Fixed an issue where the Shadow Image's summoned monster would despawn or teleport to unreachable places if you went out of a certain range. The Shadow Image will now never move from their original placement.

Above is the only mention of changes to Shadow Image skill since Murkmire went live. Based on that I assume that inability to teleport to it trought certain borders in keeps or to different elevation is a bug.

SHADOW IMAGE FIX WHEN?
@ZOS
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is bugged and broken.
    i hope it gets looked into.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It disappears still so I’m sure it’s a bugged . You don’t even have to be far, if you line of sight it’ll disappear.
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres been multiple bug reports with video evidence made. Zero response from @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett

So at this point theyre willfully disregarding it being broken as its impossible they haven't seen it.
    Joined September 2013
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Theres been multiple bug reports with video evidence made. Zero response from @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RobGarrett

So at this point theyre willfully disregarding it being broken as its impossible they haven't seen it.

Zos responds to 1 of 10 reports lol they're not good with communication
  • AyelineESO
    AyelineESO
    ✭✭✭
    It disappears still so I’m sure it’s a bugged . You don’t even have to be far, if you line of sight it’ll disappear.

Personally didnt really happen to me but maybe I was just lucky. The problem I have with that skill is solely that you arent able to port to your shade If its not on the same level as your character thus making it impossible to port upwards or downwards like you used to before.

Im not surprised that it isnt fixed yet tho as only a handful of NBs seem to use that skill (speaking from experience on EU server). Guess its the same on NA tho. There's just not enough people complaining. Just look at this thread for example - compared to any other skill thats bugged, the uproar here is almost non-existant.
    EU - PC
    Banana Squad Inc | Zerg Squad | AoE Rats | Roleplay Circle

Raid/Solo character(s):
    AD | Qiáng | Lvl 50 Stamden | AR 32

Solo/ Smallscale characters:
    DC | Šhaðë | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 50 | GO reached: 30.10.2015
    AD | Ðawñbrêåkêr | Lvl 50 StamNB | AR 44

Ex-Raid characters
    AD | Lord Ayeline | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 38
    AD | Ayelíne | Lvl 50 Stam DK | AR 22
    EP | Get Meme'd Kid | Lvl 50 Stam Sorc | AR 36
    EP | Àyèlìnè | Lvl 50 Stam Warden | AR Pleb
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyelineESO wrote: »

Personally didnt really happen to me but maybe I was just lucky. The problem I have with that skill is solely that you arent able to port to your shade If its not on the same level as your character thus making it impossible to port upwards or downwards like you used to before.

Im not surprised that it isnt fixed yet tho as only a handful of NBs seem to use that skill (speaking from experience on EU server). Guess its the same on NA tho. There's just not enough people complaining. Just look at this thread for example - compared to any other skill thats bugged, the uproar here is almost non-existant.

I use the skil it's just I have lost any and all faith in zos's ability to fix things. I mean I went like a year with this skill bugged so I learned go play a little differently.

But yeah it is funny how this bug doesn't get more attention. I think it's most average nightblades dont really use it.

Plus im burned out with pvp and have been just running a pledge or two. So there is that....,
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, b/c that isn't broken and totally OP - especially on a class that can vanish. Teleporting through mutliple horizontal obstacles (e.g. walls and rocks) and multiple vertical obsticals (mainly floors) has no counter in this game. Allowing you to LOS your opponents multiple times rendering gap closers useless. Adding to that the ability to cloak which also lacks reliable counters on many classes / builds is ridiculously OP.

It would already be borderline OP on any other class that cannot cloak, but adding cloak to the mix just wins the "stupid-game-designs" award. It is essentially a 100% guaranteed escape / You get out of jail free card - the only one in the game.

Well there is one counter: the ability itself. Another NB could place his/her shade next to yours and marking you will counter the cloak, but that doesn't make the shade less brokenly OP. Very interesting though how the only counter to NB mechanics is given to NBs themselves. That would be like giving gap closers only to sorcs since they are the ones they got streak. Funny how the former is considered totally balanced by ZOS, while the latter (rightly so) is considered ridiculous.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

Yeah, b/c that isn't broken and totally OP - especially on a class that can vanish. Teleporting through mutliple horizontal obstacles (e.g. walls and rocks) and multiple vertical obsticals (mainly floors) has no counter in this game. Allowing you to LOS your opponents multiple times rendering gap closers useless. Adding to that the ability to cloak which also lacks reliable counters on many classes / builds is ridiculously OP.

It would already be borderline OP on any other class that cannot cloak, but adding cloak to the mix just wins the "stupid-game-designs" award. It is essentially a 100% guaranteed escape / You get out of jail free card - the only one in the game.

Well there is one counter: the ability itself. Another NB could place his/her shade next to yours and marking you will counter the cloak, but that doesn't make the shade less brokenly OP. Very interesting though how the only counter to NB mechanics is given to NBs themselves. That would be like giving gap closers only to sorcs since they are the ones they got streak. Funny how the former is considered totally balanced by ZOS, while the latter (rightly so) is considered ridiculous.

Or caltrops on the shade... it isn't 100% guarantee. And it takes a lot of practice and skill to actually BE good, and not just average, with the application of the ability. Also, hands down, it's simply a really cool, unique ability. Dragonknight's have an awesome Dragon Leap. Sorcerers have Streak, which they can cross chasms with and go through semi-solid paths/obstructions, Wardens have the nature's grasp ally pull. I really enjoy classes having something distinct and unique. They actually made Shade a really cool ability. Try playing it for a while - it's really fun learning the application of it and seeing how cool some class abilities and how unique some can be.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im nervous zos changes this skill to something more generic for the sake of “balance.” when in fact they just cant fix the skill the keeps getting broken.

My experience is it works 4 times out of 5, and without a better option i am still using it this patch.

previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only a handful of people use it because we can’t go 2 street patches without it being broke!

It’s a great skills but we’ve had to learn to cope without it unfortunately.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Or caltrops on the shade... it isn't 100% guarantee. And it takes a lot of practice and skill to actually BE good, and not just average, with the application of the ability. Also, hands down, it's simply a really cool, unique ability. Dragonknight's have an awesome Dragon Leap. Sorcerers have Streak, which they can cross chasms with and go through semi-solid paths/obstructions, Wardens have the nature's grasp ally pull. I really enjoy classes having something distinct and unique. They actually made Shade a really cool ability. Try playing it for a while - it's really fun learning the application of it and seeing how cool some class abilities and how unique some can be.

So ... some stamina builds can prevent you from immediately cloaking after teleporting through 2 walls and 2 floors. But given the amount of speed and snare immunity going around these days (especially on stamina builds) this delay is very miniscule. Making it an almost 100% guaranteed escape if you don't plant the shade in a straight line and in plain sight.

As for the "unique" abilities of the other classes: All of them can be countered and the "unique" advantages canceled by simply using a gap closer - e.g. gap close after the sorc across the chasms. And even if you fail to gap close immediately, you can still run them down b/c they are visible and you can see where they are going. The same is not true for shade as it enables you to put multiple layers of LOS obstacles between you and your enemy so that an enemy cannot gap close to your position and by the time he walked/ran to your shade you will be long gone / far out of gap close range. And that is not even taking into account that you NBs can cloak, which makes tracking you down and chasing after you AFTER your opponent finally reaches your shade impossible.

The shade is an interesting ability I grant you that. But 3-dimensional port through obstacles is OP, especially when everything else works only in 2 dimensions and cannot go through obstacles - even without cloak available to the user. And putting such an ability on a class, the only class, that can spam vanish is as ill-conceived and OP as it can get.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have with people attacking shade is its not just a hit this button and escape tool..... it's not. You have to drop the shade in the proper area, get to your los area that you want to fight, stay within 28m of your shade, and you only get 1 chance. If you fail a shade it's not like streak where you just hit its again. I get locked down without a shade and it's gg, skill is useless. I don't think people actually understand shade and thus it's an easy skill to use. It actually takes alot of practice to be able to use it effectively.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah currently I'm just sat there button mashing praying it works, most of the time it's RIP for me tho since the shade's on top of a pebble or something :/
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My experience is it doesnt work all that well on keep walls. In the open field even on top of a hill it’s okay (around 80% maybe?)
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a totally OP skill if used right. They even made it easier to use when they removed the target requirement to cast it so even slightly above average nightblades can use it. Before that change it wasnt even used that much but now it is basically a pvp nightblade requirement.

Also it puts minor maim on one enemy and casting it also gives the major defense buffs (because of passives) too if i remember correct.

That is just another example of bad ZOS balancing where the best escape skills are dropped on the best damage dealing class in the game. Deal loads of damage and teleport away to avoid all direct damage, cloak away to avoid all no aoe damage or combine them to avoid all damage...

However the skill isnt working as intended. ZOS never wanted to make the skill not go through walls so it is a broken skill which they should fix. Zos might not be capable of fixing it and just release a patchnote with : This ability needs a clear line of sight to use the teleport ability .

I do hope they fix it since it is one of the few skills which makes solo pvp possible. I just wish my class could have a skill like shade..
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

It is a totally OP skill if used right. They even made it easier to use when they removed the target requirement to cast it so even slightly above average nightblades can use it. Before that change it wasnt even used that much but now it is basically a pvp nightblade requirement.

Also it puts minor maim on one enemy and casting it also gives the major defense buffs (because of passives) too if i remember correct.

That is just another example of bad ZOS balancing where the best escape skills are dropped on the best damage dealing class in the game. Deal loads of damage and teleport away to avoid all direct damage, cloak away to avoid all no aoe damage or combine them to avoid all damage...

However the skill isnt working as intended. ZOS never wanted to make the skill not go through walls so it is a broken skill which they should fix. Zos might not be capable of fixing it and just release a patchnote with : This ability needs a clear line of sight to use the teleport ability .

I do hope they fix it since it is one of the few skills which makes solo pvp possible. I just wish my class could have a skill like shade..

There's always the Psijic Guild ultimate for everyone else to make you feel like you can Shade! ;)
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 well, one is an expensive ultimate, the other a cheap skill that has even better secondary effects that the ultimate.

@Bosov I only disagree with your last statement. It is OP, and it is the only ability no requiring LOS. As such it' can't really be balanced given the other abilities in the game. The only way it could be balanced is by adding a prohibitively high penalty - e.g. can't cloak and 70% snare for 5 secs, cannot be purged.

Adding something similar to other classes would be simiarly OP - though not as OP, as these other classes lack cloak. So adding more of this is unfortunately not really a good idea.

As for solo PvP, you are completely right. ZOS, over the past few years, has gradually been killing solo and small-scale PVP. Only Gankers and certain stamian builds remain. With every update ZOS is pushing the zergs. Solo- / small-scale-viable skills and sets are nerfed and their bomb-/zerg-viable equivalents buffed.

ZOS also claims they want to improve the performance in Cyrodiil, yet does not the single greatest contributor to server lag in the game: AoE attacks spammed by trains. It would be such an easy fix and the majority of people would not be affected - i.e. just reduce thedamage of certain AoE effects by 80% using the Battle Spirit system. But unfortunately ZOS does not want to rub their "pro gamer"-advicers, running in bomb groups, the wrong way. So the rest of us can continue to enjoy the evening lags.
  • Ultravylence
    Ultravylence
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow Image is still bugged in Cyrodil. Though one positive application for the bug; when Shadow Image is placed in a position that won't allow you to teleport you can "spam" the ability as often as you want during its duration, at zero Magica cost, each time proccing Shadow Barriers buffs. This can be particularly useful in Keep sieges with lots of AOE and incoming damage. Not a trade-off for a working ability, but a bread crumb until resolved.

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump for exposure. There’s a reason this game is hemorrhaging players and it starts with the lack of response from the developers for broken abilities, content, and servers.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow Image and Assassin's Will bugs need to be worked out like yesterday.