The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Looking for a build... DK

Geekgirl
Geekgirl
✭✭✭
Hey folks. I'm looking for advice for a build that I ran across the other day.

I know nothing about it other than that it was a DK and the tank had queued for Tank and was, indeed, tanking.

We were in one of the DLC dungeons and had gone through a couple of people because they'd port in, see what it was and nope out. I want to say it was the Minotaur one.

At any rate, the DK's player could very easily have one-manned that dungeon.

Typically I'm not very wowed by these antics as they happen a lot (particularly in non DLC dungeons) but what got me was that he very reliably was doing everything. He was able to pull and hold aggro while dealing out major damage and healing himself though everything.

And I got to thinking about what a sincerely kick-butt solo play character that would be. Most of my playtime is solo and this seems like the perfect do-everything build. It helps, probably, that I like DKs in general.

He was able to one-man long fights while maintaining enough sustain to not drop health hardly at all; He was able to solo dps down boss-level mobs; He was able to maintain an almost full health pool while doing so.

He was not argonian, khajiit or any of the elvish races, but I can't say if he were Breton, Redguard, Nord or Imperial.

The only think I know for certain is that he was a DK.

If anyone has any ideas as to what kind of build this might be, I'd be appreciative.

Edit: deleted non-relative information
Edited by Geekgirl on November 20, 2018 12:04PM
PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a Redguard or Imperial and probably a boom tank. Here's an example:

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/2-4-x-tank-the-burning-angel/?page=4

There are several versions, but most rely on a hybrid of armor and traits. Some call them "selfish" tanks as they don't provide group buffs but instead focus on self-healing. They can be very effective in dungeons but don't work so well in trials.