The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Music Boxes! Sooo pretty!

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
Well done with the execution on music boxes Zos!! The first one we have is gorgeous. Love the song and love how it works for fading.

Basically if you open the box or enter its area of effect your current background music fades out and the box starts playing. It happens seemlessly the other way around too.

Can't wait to have more of these available :-)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they are crowns only - I'd have liked to be able to buy these with in-game currency. Not least as my real-world funds are limited and I have in-game currency spilling out of every orifice! :D
    Edited by AlienSlof on October 23, 2018 11:16AM
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I, too, wish they weren't locked behind the CS. It's too expensive for me at 800 Crowns EACH. If it had been a collectible furnishing, placeable in multiple homes, then 800 Crowns would have been a steal, but 800 crowns for one in one home - too much for me.

I'm hopeful that maybe we will be able to earn one or two in-game somehow. I would have loved for them to have been on the Master Writ vendor as craftable plans or even an achievement furnishing on Faustina (like the storage containers, which were both CS and in-game purchasable).

Ah well...yet another "new feature" for housing that's locked behind a paywall. At least the updates to the housing editor were free.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 23, 2018 8:41PM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I, too, wish they weren't locked behind the CS. It's too expensive for me at 800 Crowns EACH. If it had been a collectible furnishing, placeable in multiple homes, then 800 Crowns would have been a steal, but 800 crowns for one in one home - too much for me.

I'm hopeful that maybe we will be able to earn one or two in-game somehow. I would have loved for them to have been on the Master Writ vendor as craftable plans or even an achievement furnishing on Faustina (like the storage containers, which were both CS and in-game purchasable).

Ah well...yet another "new feature" for housing that's locked behind a paywall. At least the updates to the housing editor were free.

I didn’t realize it was just one box for one home. Thank you for that info. I still bought it but it was an informed purchase.

Zos take note, people feel better buying things when they get all the info.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Shame they are crowns only - I'd have liked to be able to buy these with in-game currency. Not least as my real-world funds are limited and I have in-game currency spilling out of every orifice! :D

You can, technically. At a 200g:1C exchange, one box would set you back 160,000 gold.
    Just use a trusted venue to trade in.
    signing off
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    needs larger radius or fill the whole house. some areas like coldharbour surreal estate and erstwhile sanctuary, the ambient noise almost drowns out the box. Maybe add setting like "localized" for a radius effect and "ambient" for a full background music.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way too limited needed to be able to add any music to them not just one or two songs.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Way too limited needed to be able to add any music to them not just one or two songs.

Dont worry. Soon they will add *A Land of War and Poetry* and *Even Paradise Has Shadows* <3
  • Ashryn
    Ashryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the music box. It gives my home an enchanted ambiance! For my exorcised Coven Cottage property, the level of sound is perfect inside and out and not too loud. Outside its fainter, but that adds a mysterious appeal to me. I wasn't at first sure I would purchase it, but I am glad I did.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these and I thought 800 crowns was a pretty cheap price. I was expecting to pay a lot more. That's only half of the monthly earned from plus. I will gladly buy more for all my homes when they get released. My favorite thing to come out of the crown store besides my dro-m'athra senche mount. :)
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »

I bought mine with gold! Tamriel Crown Exchange did it for me. Super reliable, feels very safe to use them and you can empty your in-game bank account instead of your real-life one.