The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Domus Phrasticus

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
You know, I'd been looking at this house for a while (though I don't quite know why I would spend the points on it), and there's something I noticed.

The interior floor plan does not match the exterior building.

For example, the fireplace on the main floor is on the left when you enter the building, but there's no chimney on the left side of the exterior. In the upstairs, there's a window in the center of the front wall... that isn't there on the exterior.

Now... these are trivial things. However, they're asking for us to pay an arm and a leg for these things. If they expect us to pay such extravagant prices, they'd better get it RIGHT. I expect them to pay closer attention to what they're doing.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but it's something that bothers me because of what it implies: A lack of concern for quality. This is something I've seen MANY times over the years in many games, and it's always a sign of a game in severe decline.

I'd rather it not be so here, so I point this out now in the hope that it can be corrected, and future projects be better made.
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some issue with exterior not matching the interior in most houses. Don't get your hopes up.
  • goldenflameslinger
    goldenflameslinger
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with Domus Phrasticus is it’s location. It’s so far away from everything it’s hard for me to want to live there. I bought it but just can’t stay there any amount of time.
    PS4 NA DC id: goldenflamesling
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by tim99 on November 15, 2018 1:14PM
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I challenge y'all to find a ESO house that has a matching exterior & interior.

Suspension of disbelief; it's not just for magic anymore.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been a complaint since housing began. Interiors don't match up to exteriors almost at all. And yes, it DOES speak to shoddy workmanship.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    I challenge y'all to find a ESO house that has a matching exterior & interior.

Suspension of disbelief; it's not just for magic anymore.

I can't see any differences in Sleek Creek or Ald Velothi Harbour House, but that might just mean they're very subtle and I haven't noticed. I only realised while writing this that the upper floor of Mournoth Keep is shorter and wider from the outside than inside and I've spent hours in that house.

In general I think the differences in the khajiit and orc houses are quite subtle. There's mismatched windows in Dawnshadow, Serenity Falls and Forsaken Fortress and the lower floor of Mournoth Keep is much more uneven on the outside than the inside, but that's all I can see. Compared to Amaya Lake Lodge's missing ground floor or Domus Phrasticus where nothing seems to match up it's not that bad.

Unfortunately though choosing a house in ESO involves either not paying that much attention to the details or deciding which discrepancies you can live with. I really liked Domus Phrasticus and it was one of my top choices until someone pointed out the mismatched interior, then I couldn't avoid seeing it and it annoyed me every time I previewed it. Whereas Mournoth Keep I can live with - it's a orc keep built/tunnelled into a hill so I can pretend the stone is thick enough that the inside and outside can be different shapes and I like everything else about it enough to overlook it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't complain, honestly, except that they expect us to pay a rather large amount of actual money for these things. If I'm going to spend $50, $70 or even more, I expect they'll pay attention to getting the details right.

Maybe it's an unreasonable expectation. I don't think it is, but perhaps that's just me.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    I wouldn't complain, honestly, except that they expect us to pay a rather large amount of actual money for these things. If I'm going to spend $50, $70 or even more, I expect they'll pay attention to getting the details right.

Maybe it's an unreasonable expectation. I don't think it is, but perhaps that's just me.

They delayed even doing housing forever and the excuse was they were taking their time so they could "do it right." And then I discovered that every single house is literally just a sloppy copy/pasta of buildings they already have in the world. Nothing is original or designed with players in mind. And they don't even use some of the better places that we'd really LIKE to have. So yeah I, too, am rather flabbergasted at the prices they demand for what is pretty clearly a bare minimum of work for them.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!