Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Random CTDs

Jasoody
Jasoody
Soul Shriven
I've been thoroughly enjoying myself thus far. I've done a lot of PvE content and haven't gotten into PvP yet. One of the reasons is because of all these random CTDs that keep occurring for me. The worst was in Spindleclutch. I was playing the role of healer and just crashed to the desktop in the middle of the dungeon. It's frustrating not knowing when it could occur.

I don't believe it's my rig, but it could be something software side. The only time I've ever had a CTD issue with any game is Skyrim; when I was modding the hell out of it. So this is a bit strange for me. I've looked online to no avail.

This may be related to the issue. When I click in game I get this flickering. It flickers my desktop for a split second when I click. It's not a terrible hindrance but it can be annoying. It's not my drivers either because I've updated the video driver. Any ideas on that? Might the problems be related?
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So hard to help this without info.

Lets start with:
    * CPU Model and clock (overclocked?) Updated chipset driver?
    * GPU Model and core/memory clocks (overclocked?) Driver version?
    * RAM Model and size (mhz/CAS latency irrelevant) and have you done a memcheck?
    * Operation System and if it's updated
    * Any crazy security in place beyond the usual firewalls and sundry?
    * When's the last time you defragged?
    * number of running processes, and do you see any eating up a lot of resources?
    * When's the last time you reformatted?
    * Do you monitor component heat? CPU or GPU could be overheating
    * How many RPMs is your HDD, or is it SSD? I so, what's the SSD's wear level % at?
    [beta_group_85b_9]