The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Internet speed minimum?

SpartanWolf149
My new wifi is horrendous. I have approx. 600 ping, .84 download, and .21 upload on my 2g; 650 ping, .91 download, .22 upload on my 5g. Would I be able to comfortably play ESO?
Grand Magister of the Athenaeum, Mentor of the Nagaia Tong
"May shadows hide you"
THE TONG IS RECRUITING! Assassins, warriors, wizards, and loremasters all!
  • SpartanWolf149
    Im downloading a game right now at approx. 100kbps.
    "May shadows hide you"
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    My new wifi is horrendous. I have approx. 600 ping, .84 download, and .21 upload on my 2g; 650 ping, .91 download, .22 upload on my 5g. Would I be able to comfortably play ESO?

The answer is no. Unfortunately zenimax doesn't care about the 1000's of players being affected by their server programs that is forwarding certain IP addresses all over the world to then reach a local server (eg E/U *or* N/A) because they have a million player base to satisfy them.

A lot of us now, and especially those of us that has been here for 4 years since its beta are now canceling our eso plus subs and quitting the game.

Zenimax will be quick to tell you, open ports, check firewalls and antivirus that it's allowing zos, call your ISP provider, and even do a hard scrub of IP's using command windows , if they ask you to do """ipconfig /flushdns""" , don't do it. It will make things far worse.

In anycase, many of us discovered it's nothing on our end, it's zos's server. Anyone with more than 400 ping will not be able to properly play, you won't be able to DPS parse, much less with lag you won't even be able to tell you got hit by a heavy or ultimate and or several "kill" blows before it's too late.

As for myself, personally I had a good 4 year run, now it's time to retire this antiquated game and move on to something else because as far as we are all concerned, zenimax will never turn off these new running programs and software in the servers. Eventually those that aren't too affected yet, will soon be, took me since September 2018 to 2 weeks in November (less than 2 months) to realize how bad things got.

But don't listen to me, just go and have fun with your 600+ high ping and see how far you get. Good luck .
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • SpartanWolf149
    I can manage low graphics WoW.
    "May shadows hide you"
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @SpartanWolf149
    I can manage low graphics WoW.
    The World of Warcraft grapics are pictures of "hand-drawn" works of fantasy art. As a friend described it, the graphics in WoW are "cartoony". For example, landscapes are decorated with phallic symbols. So they don't have surfaces with distinct objects that become revealed by higher resolution.

If all you can do with WoW is to manage "low graphics", then I am at a loss as to what your graphics settings would have to be for The Elder Scrolls Online as presented by Bethesda. No grass? Who wants to see a prairie like Reaper's March without any grass?

Obviously, you need a WiFi connection that performs better, probably one with much higher downstream bandwidth and transmission speed. Then again, given the extant problems with the peformance of the Bethesda network and the megaserver system, you are likely to just encounter yet another set of issues.

But I am not an expert familiar with using WiFi connections. The only ones I have ever used were public such as the ones in Starbucks. In that context, of course, I used a laptop which was not designed for high-end graphics of any kind, whether games, movies, or other "streaming" content.

My two cents.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • SpartanWolf149
    Correction, highest setting graphics in wow.
    "May shadows hide you"
  • Wrathmane
    Wrathmane
    ✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »

The answer is no. Unfortunately zenimax doesn't care about the 1000's of players being affected by their server programs that is forwarding certain IP addresses all over the world to then reach a local server (eg E/U *or* N/A) because they have a million player base to satisfy them.

A lot of us now, and especially those of us that has been here for 4 years since its beta are now canceling our eso plus subs and quitting the game.

Zenimax will be quick to tell you, open ports, check firewalls and antivirus that it's allowing zos, call your ISP provider, and even do a hard scrub of IP's using command windows , if they ask you to do """ipconfig /flushdns""" , don't do it. It will make things far worse.

In anycase, many of us discovered it's nothing on our end, it's zos's server. Anyone with more than 400 ping will not be able to properly play, you won't be able to DPS parse, much less with lag you won't even be able to tell you got hit by a heavy or ultimate and or several "kill" blows before it's too late.

As for myself, personally I had a good 4 year run, now it's time to retire this antiquated game and move on to something else because as far as we are all concerned, zenimax will never turn off these new running programs and software in the servers. Eventually those that aren't too affected yet, will soon be, took me since September 2018 to 2 weeks in November (less than 2 months) to realize how bad things got.

But don't listen to me, just go and have fun with your 600+ high ping and see how far you get. Good luck .

I'm in much the same boat...... The game is rapidly becoming unplayable and is getting unbearably worse over time....... I've PVPed since launch.... I've been in unbearable lag where skills won't fire... but it seemed to be effecting everyone at the time, and the game didn't disconnect me..... Now the moment there is any number of people at a battle sight the game freezes and drops me to the login..... I don't know what they did.... and its nice to hear I'm not the only one.... I've busted the graphics setting from ultra high 100 vision distance to lowest possible graphics setting and vision distance, and this has help marginally, but i'm still suffering 6 seven discons in an 1.5 hour play session.

I'm also thinking about walking away... but my problem is I have 2 months of subs left... I figure they have that amount of time to fix this problem.
    Sha'ria Wrathmane - Belora Wrathmane - Leora Wrathmane
    Former Head of Recruitment for Vokundein