The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bear-Be-Gone Bug

DogFaceInBananaPatch
DogFaceInBananaPatch
✭✭✭✭
The short of it: sometimes my Bear pet, as a Warden, is simply just gone and I must re-summon him repeatedly every few minutes.

Things I'm aware of: I understand a few things can cause this such as going to a different timeline as part of a quest, changing outfits under certain circumstances, entering some zones seem to do this, and a few other things.

This bug is not related to "Things I'm aware of," above, this bug is solely about running around in a zone and the pet is simply just disappeared for unknown reasons. Is it lag? Is it pathing? Is he humping a tree somewhere? Am I blinking in and out of existence?

May be important: Most sessions this does not occure (as in, never) and then some sessions this is constantly happening repeatedly and every third encounter I have to re-summon my bear, and lastly I have never seen my bear die in combat or even have its health reduced below 90%. The bear is not dying.

My buff panel is hidden so I'm not accidentally right click the icon and shutting off the spell/summon.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean.

It seems to happen most on the edge of maps, especially those with rocky terrain.

The bear growls and dies, for no apparent reason (not in combat) and has to be resummoned.

Whereupon, if you carry on running around the same area, it will often happen again.

Re. dying in combat - I assume your bear is a tank?

Mine is DPS and it is always dying when fighting bosses etc. and of course, you can't heal them.
    Edited by Tigerseye on November 19, 2018 11:31AM