The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is Wizard's Riposte currently?

flguy147ub17_ESO
flguy147ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Wondering how this set is after it got nerfed? Never used it but i know it was suppose to be pretty good before.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They destroyed it =/
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    They destroyed it =/

Ok that sucks but thanks for the reply
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizard’s Riposte:
    The 5-piece bonus has been adjusted.
    OLD:
    When you take Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
    NEW:
    When you take direct Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.

@Kikke With shields taking crit damage I'd expect it to be viable again?
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed it in Summerset of Wolfhunter to only proc on critical DIRECT dmg. So it's trash now I'm sorry =(
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Wizard’s Riposte:
    OLD:
    When you take Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 15 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.
    NEW:
    When you take direct Critical Damage you apply Minor Maim to the enemy for 5 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%.

It always worked with shields. Before Murkmire, you could still crit shields, it just didn't give bonus damage. It did count as a crit for things like this set.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizard’s Riposte:
    OLD:
    NEW:

It always worked with shields. Before Murkmire, you could still crit shields, it just didn't give bonus damage. It did count as a crit for things like this set.

Oh... well that sucks
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kikke wrote: »
    They changed it in Summerset of Wolfhunter to only proc on critical DIRECT dmg. So it's trash now I'm sorry =(

Not trash, just not backbarred. Check the defense set comparison thread, you will see that taylor says it's still decent just not the "set it and forget it" defensive set it once was.

You have to 5pc it on both bars to see its uptime greatly increased. That means 3 jewels+1 two hand weapon or 5pc body.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend still back bars it. It's always up on who ever is attacking him. Great set imo. Much less group utility though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is his quote:
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    @sluice Wizard's Riposte Change - firstly sorry for my delay it replying!

I've added a "Minor Maim Uptime" modifier in the spreadsheet to account for the now possibility of not 100% uptime.

It's definitely a nerf.... but depends on your play style.
    1) Large - Medium Group Play
    Much to @TheDoomsdayMonster 's glee, Wizard's Riposte now no longer works for a healer or DD in a medium to large group. With the change to direct damage and shorter duration, it can really only been worn on a Magicka tank.

2) Small Group
    You'll still get pretty close to 100% in this situation, but depending on how much your group kites, might be worth testing out another set unless you are the tank.

3) Solo
    Absolutely no change here, you'll still have 95%+ uptime. Basically you'll only see a change when playing solo if you kite A LOT, like MagSorc levels of kiting, but MagSorcs don't wear WR anyway.

So basically, for solo or small man you are still good. For large group it can now only be worn on a tank. Overall a good balance change I think, it prevents groups from stacking every minor/major debuff by restricting proc conditions, but barely effects solo and small man.

- Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Here is his quote:

I've added a "Minor Maim Uptime" modifier in the spreadsheet to account for the now possibility of not 100% uptime.

Much to @TheDoomsdayMonster 's glee, Wizard's Riposte now no longer works for a healer or DD in a medium to large group. With the change to direct damage and shorter duration, it can really only been worn on a Magicka tank.

2) Small Group
    You'll still get pretty close to 100% in this situation, but depending on how much your group kites, might be worth testing out another set unless you are the tank.

3) Solo
    Absolutely no change here, you'll still have 95%+ uptime. Basically you'll only see a change when playing solo if you kite A LOT, like MagSorc levels of kiting, but MagSorcs don't wear WR anyway.

So basically, for solo or small man you are still good. For large group it can now only be worn on a tank. Overall a good balance change I think, it prevents groups from stacking every minor/major debuff by restricting proc conditions, but barely effects solo and small man.

Hey says MagSorc don't wear Ripotse anyways, rly? I shouldn't be?
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    Here is his quote:

2) Small Group

3) Solo

Well magsorcs rely on mitigating damage rather than shielding or healing through damage. Also streak to los enemies so uptime will be considerably lower. Still fine to use tho if it works for you.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo a lot for me it seems like a no brainer. I feel like there isn't a better way to debuff Stam classes haha
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is his quote:

2) Small Group

3) Solo

Well magsorcs rely on mitigating damage rather than shielding or healing through damage. Also streak to los enemies so uptime will be considerably lower. Still fine to use tho if it works for you.

Yea, uptime is lower due to you LOS. But if wizards feels like it has a high uptime, then it won't be wasted since the other stats arent wasted (especially the health increasing your shield cap).
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I solo a lot for me it seems like a no brainer. I feel like there isn't a better way to debuff Stam classes haha

healing mage; AOE heal cast reduces all nearby enemies of 430 weapon damage ;)
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uptime is still nearly 100% if you double-bar it. Don't listen to the whiners, it's still an excellent set.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You
    Here is his quote:

2) Small Group

3) Solo

Yea, uptime is lower due to you LOS. But if wizards feels like it has a high uptime, then it won't be wasted since the other stats arent wasted (especially the health increasing your shield cap).

You also need something like this the most when you can't LOS.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As everyone said, it is still good and does the job. And when you pair it with pirate skelly and a damage set, it becomes kinda op :P
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, it's 15% happens before armor/CP mitigation. So you are getting mostly the full 15%, based on the mitigation order of operations.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually funny that a lot of people think it's trash now. It's still good as long as it is on both bars. The specific 5pc effect is very strong and is *more or less* as strong as the whole fortified brass set (as long as you dont have a reliable way of applying maim). Then we still have the 2-3-4 piece set bonuses, which is perfect for my magplar. I dont use it on my light armor magblade though because magblades have an easy time applying maim.

Before my magplar build used to be,

5pc riposte frontbar (only 3 pc trans active)
    5pc transmutation backbar, (only 3 pc riposte active)
    2pc willpower jewelry (always active)
    and skoria

Now I just switched it such that riposte is always active, and the 2pc willpower is on the frontbar only.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on November 17, 2018 7:38AM
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people say was never a set for MSorc as i found it a tasty setup, especially in BG but agree with above to use it solo etc you need it constantly up now.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still use it and love it
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just fine for BGs and 1v1
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP broken class NBs get Minor Maim for free and we have to waste a 5 pc to get it.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    garbage, the duration with how it proc not worth
    impreg is way better for every classic defensive set for pvp
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    OP broken class NBs get Minor Maim for free and we have to waste a 5 pc to get it.

On two abilities too, including one that let's you teleport lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual