The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire dailies bugged

BuddyAces
BuddyAces
✭✭✭✭✭
Tools of slaughter daily

Can't get the chalice for the third item. Have to drop quest and pick it back up again. There's another that's along the same principle: gather items yadda yadda. That one has bugged out for the wife before.

Obviously it's doable by dropping quest and going back to do it again but making it work the FIRST time would be....ya know....nice maybe??
They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue with the chalice and another daily for collecting imperial scrolls (english name should be something like 'Old Scrolls'). Tried reentering dungeon, reloading UI, etc. Nothing works besides dropping and retaking the quest, which isn't the end of the world but still annoying
    Edited by emilyhyoyeon on October 31, 2018 1:49PM
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. They HAVE TO BE done in groups in order to guarantee success.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys, we have a fix for this tentatively scheduled for the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, we have a fix for this tentatively scheduled for the next incremental patch.

<3
    Ty so much!
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are bugged as hell if you do them with your friends (i.e. when you collect some items, your group members are not able to collect them later), but we found a workaround:
    1. If it is a delve quest, make sure that everyone in your party is particularly inside that delve before you do anything quest-related
    2. In other cases make sure, that all your group members are nearby when you do any quest objectives.
    3. Always make sure that you are at the very same stage of the quest (i.e. if you was fast enough and managed to kill a boss while your group members were still on their way, dont progress any further, just stay there and wait for them to kill the boss until doing anything).

Comparing to other dailyes, Summerset quests bugged sometimes, but those were rare cases, in any previous quests (Morrowind, Wrothgar, Gold Coast) I have never encountered a single bug (except some inconviniences with few quest spots in Wrothgar)
    Rawr
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, no third item.

ZOS: last week you fixed one daily quest, now you're planing to fix another, wouldn't it be better to do some quality checking on all Murkmire daily quests at once?
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm I had the same problem with the quest "Old Scrolls" - no third scroll. I could not find a workaround.
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Tools of Slaughter daily is still broken, the third ritual object is nowhere to be found, same with the Imperial Scrolls in the Caverns, one of the scrolls is missing.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Yes, the Tools of Slaughter daily is still broken, the third ritual object is nowhere to be found, same with the Imperial Scrolls in the Caverns, one of the scrolls is missing.

For the scrolls quest, you may be missing one that's up top on a ledge. You have to go north outside the circle, then come back up a ramp to get to it. It's technically in the circle, but you have to go a roundabout way to get there. If it's not that one you're having issues with, then it's a new bug to me. I've been able to finish the scrolls dailies so far.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the scrolls quest, you may be missing one that's up top on a ledge. You have to go north outside the circle, then come back up a ramp to get to it. It's technically in the circle, but you have to go a roundabout way to get there. If it's not that one you're having issues with, then it's a new bug to me. I've been able to finish the scrolls dailies so far.

Thank you for the heads up, I'll try it next time I get the quest!
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Tools of Slaughter the way it works is to grab the first item then head to the boss area and grab the third item there. Afterwards back track and get the second item.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Tools of Slaughter the way it works is to grab the first item then head to the boss area and grab the third item there. Afterwards back track and get the second item.

Yup, I forgot to do that today, so I had to drop it and go back. That method does work though.
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Old Scrolls - third item not spawning.
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • alejandrov0920
    alejandrov0920
    Soul Shriven
    Until yesterday all the dailies were working for me, even Tools of Slaughter and Old Scrolls.

Now "The Weight of words" is not working. I cant see neither the Tablet of the destroyer nor one fragment of the Tablet of the void(the one located in a library).
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    Its just one NPC's quests that are bugged. So far for me the only quests ive been given that are bugged are from the npc named Varo Hosidias. every one of his quests have been bugged for me with items missing/not spawning. This is very frustrating.
    Edited by Vandellia on November 5, 2018 8:04PM
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a fix it didn't work. Items can still be missing as of today. Seems to only happen with the delve quests.
  • patrick_smyth
    patrick_smyth
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a fix it didn't work. Items can still be missing as of today. Seems to only happen with the delve quests.
    OsManiaC wrote: »
    Old Scrolls - third item not spawning.
    This.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @patrick_smyth PC EU Server
    Character: Richard Greymane - Breton Assassin (Stamina Nightblade) - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many of the quests (including the main quest) have a CRAP TON of bugs in them. And I mean a CRAP ton. I've found myself having to abandon quests, log in and out, close application etc just to get some of them to advance a tiny bit before the next glitch. One of my quest NPCs, for example, is attached to another player and you can't speak to him - they are following them around and there isn't a second one solely for just me. Not anotehr player in my group I should add - I'm solo... just a random player...

It's ridiculous!!
  • Elboron
    Elboron
    ✭✭
    Confirming - Old Scrolls - third item not spawning.
    PC/EU
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old Scrolls at least is still bugged for me as well--scroll is missing
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    Many of the quests (including the main quest) have a CRAP TON of bugs in them. And I mean a CRAP ton. I've found myself having to abandon quests, log in and out, close application etc just to get some of them to advance a tiny bit before the next glitch. One of my quest NPCs, for example, is attached to another player and you can't speak to him - they are following them around and there isn't a second one solely for just me. Not anotehr player in my group I should add - I'm solo... just a random player...

It's ridiculous!!

Ive had this bug on two toons, and your NPC IS there BUT there is no icon above him lol, but if you go to the "start" (there are multiple ways to enter the area, but what they meant for a starting point for that spot) he starts his dialogue and you can continue. but you see the quest point on all the other peoples "follower" instead lol
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • xbutch
    xbutch
    Of course, it goes without saying, this is happening on XBOX as well.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old Scrolls
    3rd scroll does not appear to exist!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We should have a mega threat created related to every big update on the game. I've found a couple of bugs while I've been playing in Murkmire. ZOS staff, please create Murkmire mega threat, as it happens for the PTS server.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Elboron
    Elboron
    ✭✭
    Still - Old Scrolls - third item not spawning.
    PC/EU
  • Vandellia
    Vandellia
    ✭✭✭
    For me its a constant single npc whoms' quest line is bugged take a quest a quest from Varo Hosidas and at some point of of the needed items you need to get doesn't spawn. dropping the quest and restarting may un-bug the quest for that day but it will reoccur the next day. A friend of mine has said that Varo's quests may not bug out if you do the "talk" to the npc portion of the quest (which is optional) i can not at this time confirm the fact but i will investigate to see if this is in fact the case
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another quest bug in Root Whisper daily: Envoys who cower. After completing this quest once, two of the envoys only appear in Root Whisper, while the third is down with the Blackguard caravan.

kddd1bydgygv.jpg

Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 15, 2018 7:36PM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another quest bug in Root Whisper daily: Envoys who cower. After completing this quest once, two of the envoys only appear in Root Whisper, while the third is down with the Blackguard caravan.

kddd1bydgygv.jpg

The 2 live ones are where you last left them (next to the the quest giver), the corpse on the other hand is still rotting in the mire (where it should be)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • leilani96792
    leilani96792
    ✭✭
    Nearly 2 years later and this quest is still bugged.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nearly 2 years later and this quest is still bugged.

@leilani96792 They DID actually fix the Envoys who Cower quest on PC/NA; you had to go out and find all 3 envoys again when doing this daily - it was working properly during the Murkmire event. Are you saying it broke again at some point recently, possibly when Greymoor launched? Also, are you on PC or one of the console megaservers?
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on July 12, 2020 10:58PM