Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

the best way to maximize cloth craft?

tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
I am a nightblade, ergo I will want leather equipment. but during my journey, I come across lots of jute. So it makes sense to gather it, craft light armor, and then decontruct it so as to gain exp in clothier. And that brings us to my question:

There are a few parts to my question, but I will try to be as concise as possible. In regards to getting more exp and more tannins - Is it more beneficial to craft robes, gloves, boots, etc in order to deconstruct? And is it better to craft the highest level of equipment I can make or should I craft lower level equipment in order to get more quantity of items to deconstruct?

Does that make sense?
  • Saeel
    Saeel
    it is better to have a crafting partner to trade your crafted items with you get more xp from deconstructing someone else items then you do from deconstructing your own.
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    that's good to know. but what about my questions? Does anyone know the answers?
  • Saeel
    Saeel
    From what I've seen it doesn't matter, if you want to make more for less craft items such as the belt or gloves that use fewer pieces to highest level then trade them to someone who does the same to deconstruct them. From what I have seen and read you get more xp for the higher levels. Plus if you are not going to use green and higher colored gear deconstruction them they give better xp as well.
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    Well yeah, I am just trying to figure out why you would craft like a high level robe instead of like two belts for the same jute if they give the same exp, tannin, etc. THere must be SOME sort of answer.
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    There's alot of discussion on how to.. as said, the best way is using a crafting companion. There's two routes to this. You can make stuff, bank it and use an alt to deconstruct it, that alt then makes items, banks them and you deconstruct them. That's slow and time consuming. Or you can make and pass in real time to a mate who is doing the same.

In general, you make items that give the best crafting points for the resources, so not the lowest items or the highest items. Level 6 items are generally viewed to be the best to work on.

Lastly, as a night blade.. you should be making leather items, which gives you stamina boost on items and better armour rating than using cloth. Whilst you can use jute to help boost your "tailoring" skill.

Leather scraps come from most animals or from chests and crates. Or in many cases deconstructing leather armours.

Lastly, lastly, to get more hemp, tanning and so forth.. I think it depends more on the skills you've invested, theres one which specifically gives you a better chance of getting them when deconstructing or refining. Look for this under crafting skills, cloth making. You can also get a clothing helper to send you resources for a skill pt.
    Edited by thilog on April 6, 2014 6:47PM
  • tylerdavidsonb14_ESO
    is it really a huge difference in deconstructing other people items as opposed to your own?