Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

General game discussion board?

Dekor
Dekor
Hi, Id like to know why there isn't any forum category to discuss general game-play? Yes yes i see game discussion category. but its divided in a way where they control what you can even talk about. there isn't even a place to put a discussion about "game improvements" or "player suggestions" or "things you love about the game" which are things that most MMO's, most games have on there boards. Where would i go to discuss topics like armor appearance, Inventory space or auction houses? And these are topics that should be up for discussion on their own board. At first I had no idea where to even post this topic on these boards since this category isn't even listed. I think we can all agree that the categories and sub categories listed are fine but my guild, myself and the people i have met along the way really would like to see more unified types of categories added that allow players to discuss topics about w/e they want and not have to be restricted to the subcategories they deem fit.
Edited by Dekor on April 6, 2014 10:31PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there should be a general discussion section separate from New Player Questions. This section should theoretically be about helping new players, not general discussion.
  • Dekor
    Dekor
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    Yes, there should be a general discussion section separate from New Player Questions. This section should theoretically be about helping new players, not general discussion.
    exactly my point but where else would i put this topic? there isnt any place right now for it

Edited by Dekor on April 6, 2014 9:58PM
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekor wrote: »
    RakeWorm wrote: »
    exactly my point but where else would i put this topic? there isnt any place right now for it

I am agreeing with you. You have nowhere else to put it, because there isn't a place. They should make one.
  • marty83
    marty83
    ✭✭
    Agree and there should be separate individual class discussions. I have to look through a lot of other class stuff to find nightblade info.
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    marty83 wrote: »
    Agree and there should be separate individual class discussions. I have to look through a lot of other class stuff to find nightblade info.

Individual classes, individual factions (sub-divided by PvE and PvP), general, new player help, and off-topic. That should about cover it, I think.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why wouldn't they have this stuff in place already?? I mean, this is really basic stuff for a AAA MMO to have, which this is. I can somewhat understand them going the minimalist way in the UI, so that the modding community could have some fun.....but why not have this stuff already in place??
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they have this stuff in place already?? I mean, this is really basic stuff for a AAA MMO to have, which this is. I can somewhat understand them going the minimalist way in the UI, so that the modding community could have some fun.....but why not have this stuff already in place??

They've already gone through some forum changes. It isn't unlikely that there will be more iterations as they get feedback. Other things are on the priority list.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Because there isn't one. Any other questions?
  • Dekor
    Dekor
    well we think there should be one
  • Vikova
    Vikova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alyrn_Grey wrote: »
    Because there isn't one. Any other questions?

Yes. Would you please not use my avatar? <3
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree on general board.

This sub-forum will get cluttered with general rants and such. I just want to ask/answer questions here, not see Twitch.tv advertisements and "im at endgame on day 3, this game sucks" rants.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would also be nice if after you selected your language in the top right corner, it actually filtered out all those links in other languages.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    If you have feedback on the game the best way to get a ZOS employee to read it is by using /feedback in game. Even if they set up a general discussion area in the forums I am sure that it will be for us, the players, and not for ZOS.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 6, 2014 11:18PM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Dekor
    Dekor
    If you have feedback on the game the best way to get a ZOS employee to read it is by using /feedback in game. Even if they set up a general discussion area in the forums I am sure that it will be for us, the players, and not for ZOS.

true but if you want to show ZOS that we collectively want certain things changed I think there should be a place for it on these forums but i do agree that /feedback is a good resource
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was using /feedback, but it's been broken for days, unless they fixed it since I last logged in. I think they disabled it at early release launch.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    @Sarernia

You could post a comment to this thread or make your own in the same forum.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66235/feedback-is-broken

@Dekor I am sure ZOS is counting how many times they get the same request.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on April 7, 2014 12:04AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Dekor
    Dekor
    @Sarernia

You could post a comment to this thread or make your own in the same forum.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/66235/feedback-is-broken

@Dekor I am sure ZOS is counting how many times they get the same request.
    i guess then its nice to talk with like minded people :3