Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade vMA build help

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
Edited by md3788 on November 17, 2018 1:06AM
vFG1 HM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run BSW, willpower, skoria, perfected asylum inferno.

Front bar: Force pulse, impale, merciless, inner light, funnel (not sure which morph I'll run now in Murkmire) Ult: soul harvest
    Back bar: blockade, harness (I'll likely switch this to dampen), twisting path, trap, siphoning Ult: destro

BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Front bar: Force pulse, impale, merciless, inner light, funnel (not sure which morph I'll run now in Murkmire) Ult: soul harvest
    Back bar: blockade, harness (I'll likely switch this to dampen), twisting path, trap, siphoning Ult: destro

This seems more a score pushing setup, no?
    vFG1 HM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

This seems more a score pushing setup, no?

Not really, but you can put up decent scores with it. The top score guys would drop the shield for cripple and drop skoria for grothdar. I wouldn't call this an aggressive setup, you have a shield, two heals, pretty good cleave (because of force pulse), great resource management and incredible ult regen.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    My magblade had sustain problems in VMA pre-murkmire, Bright-Throat’s Boast fixed that.
    It's basically Bone-pirate for magicka, it's awesome.
    I droped Mother's sorrow for BTB set.

Then for more healing in the last chapter , Bahrara curse set did the trick.
    Droped BSW set for this and I still have more then enough dps.

And.. if you want even more healing, can switch Skoria for Troll-King, It's a life saver against those Crematorium Guards like you wouldn't believe.
    I guess I could test earthgore on those guards since I have the set, but it has 35 sec CD and I can't guarantee that it will be up when those *** mobs start doing their fire breath thing.
    Troll-King has no CD.

All this healing and sustain looks like a overkill and in most stages it would be but those damn Crema guards hurt don't they.
    I guess I could keep Skoria because I have crazy sustain and can spam harness magicka on guards and keep it perma up during whole boss fight but yeah, I like this new setup.
    I like it so much that I upgraded the armor and weapons to gold, Troll-king/Skoria is still epic, and the jewelery.
    This will be my go to VMA setup for time being, until I get used to farming it without making too many mistakes, then I can add MOAR dps.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 14, 2018 6:12AM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    After attempting to run vMA with my PetSorc I found that the shield nerfs made it unplayable for me. I've moved on to using my shelfed MagBlade for the self healing and decent damage output (I pull around 30k on a dummy and I suck with MagBlade). I'm running 5x Julianos double inferno, 5x BSW, and 2 piece Grothdarr. Swallow soul is my spammable. I'm thinking of swapping my monster set for either Skoria for health or something that adds resistance (also considered running earthgore). So far I've made it to the final boss but i'm having a hard time dealing with the massive amounts of incoming damage. I'm wondering what you guys and girls run on MagBlade for vMA

go valkyn instead of grothdarr and invest few attributes into health so you sit around confortable 20-21k also consider running refreshing path over the other morph for some extra healing. Earthgore is a bit overkill IMO. If you struggle with magicka sustain, put a magicka-steal glyph on your weapon.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on November 14, 2018 3:03PM