The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exclusive Dwemer Mount

Snit
Snit
✭✭✭✭✭
Did anyone else expect the ESO Exclusive Mount to be sold at something of a discount? At 3,600 crowns, it's the most expensive mount in the store. Permitting us to spend $30 on a reskin does not seem quite as nice as I'd hoped.
Snit AD Sorc
Ratbag AD Warden Tank
Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, 3600 is a slap in the face for people that have paid for exo plus since day one.
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hoped for serious discounts, 3.6k is a joke.
  • rune476
    rune476
    ✭✭✭
    So now we are supposed to pay for access to the bad deals? Am i understanding this right?
    Im not your pal, beeko.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm glad I didn't buy it, I thought it said 2,500 crowns
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just an excuse for them to raise the prices of crap and then offer us a "discounted" price which is actually more expensive than most everything else in the store.

3600 Crowns for a mount what a joke.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugly overpriced “half an hour adjusting color map” mount

Their “ESO+ benefits” get worse by the day
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I figured the discount was going to be in the realm of 10% as most of the ESO buffs are 10% this or that. I never expected to see major discounts outside of 10%.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Ugly overpriced “half an hour adjusting color map” mount

Their “ESO+ benefits” get worse by the day

I bet it didn't even take that long to crank out a recolour - I could do that in a few seconds.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a slap in the face to make an ESO-plus exclusive mount outrageously expensive, considering we already pay for this game monthly with our subscriptions. What the heck were they thinking?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I bet it didn't even take that long to crank out a recolour - I could do that in a few seconds.
    Well, more like 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the recolor. I know because I've done texture recolors on items in games before, for Sims 3 and Sims 4.
    So, for an hour's work at the most (if they worked slow), they make it the most expensive mount in the crown store, when we're already paying for the game monthly with an ESO subscription.
    I thought they were doing this to encourage people to subscribe. Instead, they're insulting their subscribers. I didn't expect cheap stuff, but to make it the most expensive mount there? Come on.

Edited by SydneyGrey on November 13, 2018 6:54PM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imagine the price when it comes out later to the store for everyone. 4.5-5k crowns I bet
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They stopped giving us crates for free and instead gave us the extra-special opportunity to spend a preposterous amount of real-world money for in-game items?

The only surprise it that it took so long to happen.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t been able to log in yet but you must be kidding me. The mount is 3,600 crowns for ESO+ members? This is the kind of great new discount that is supposed to add value to my membership? I’m unsubscribing.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Quinnlyn
    Quinnlyn
    ✭✭✭
    It's even better if you're Canadian because currency-conversion means this mount is $40.

I just bought a game on Steam for $40 and it's 20gb in size and has hundreds of hours of playtime to be had.

Meanwhile this reskinned spider mount is $40 and I'm fairly sure it was already in a crate before because it looks very familiar.

I have about 3 weeks left on my sub before it renews and I don't think I'll be renewing it. Been subbed since launch and even after all this time Zeni still sees no reason to actually thank/reward its loyal players.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS' monetisation department should stop roleplaying.
    It's the ingame story that the character has no soul.
    It's not supposed to be acted out in real life.

"... providing even more value to current members" (from the announcement article).
    Seriously, I feel insulted.

I'm simply not interested in mounts for 25-30 €, or houses for 75 € that I can't even furnish.
    Items at those prices - regardless whether they're ESO+ or not - are not "value" for me.

P.S. I'd value early access to cosmetics at 0 (zero) crowns.
    Edited by Varana on November 13, 2018 7:29PM
  • Quinnlyn
    Quinnlyn
    ✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    ZOS' monetisation department should stop roleplaying.
    It's the ingame story that the character has no soul.
    It's not supposed to be acted out in real life.

"... providing even more value to current members" (from the announcement article).
    Seriously, I feel insulted.

I'm simply not interested in mounts for 25-30 €, or houses for 75 € that I can't even furnish.
    Items at those prices - regardless whether they're ESO+ or not - are not "value" for me.

P.S. I'd value early access to cosmetics at 0 (zero) crowns.

This.

Real "value" stuff for ESO Plus are things like the craft bag and the DLC access. Although even that is tenuous now because they're giving Murkmire away to all players to keep for free regardless if they're subbed or not.

The outfit dying and house inventory increase are also nice. Those are things that actually add value to the subscription - not new opportunities to empty my wallet with alarming speed.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah doesnt seem like much of a discount for a membership that pays 170-180 a year already. I know we already get some things for that money but this isn't much of any incentive.

IF it was cheaper, I might think more about it but I don't need any more mounts so no biggie for me, I'll save my crowns for something else.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 13, 2018 8:00PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay 3600 crowns for it - because I don't really have the money - but even if I did I will say that "Exclusive to ESO Plus members" should MEAN exclusive to ESO plus members. I've heard that this will be released to the general player pop at some point? So it's not really exclusive, it's just an early release. I'm not going to pay crowns for that. Nopes. Sowwy.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, but expected from these folks.
    PC-NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a little perspective here:

The original Dwarven Spider mount was 3000 crowns. The blue-light special reskin was 4000 crowns. So, this reskin is also 4000 crowns, discounted by 10% for ESO+, so 3600 crowns.

I was perfectly happy to spend the 3000 crowns on the original spider mount, since I wanted it and thought it was cool. Plus, it was only 500 crowns more than the usual price of 2500 for limited-time mounts.

The Dro-m'Athra senche mount was 4,000 crowns when it came out years ago. The frost horse was 3500 crowns, and it came out even earlier, like within a year of the CS launching. The kagouti mounts were around 4k, iirc. This mount certainly isn't out of line with a lot of other limited-time mounts. It's even cheaper than the most expensive mount - the great stag, which was 4500 when it came out.

But, was I hoping for a more substantial discount? Yes, I was, but looks like we're only getting 10% discounts on exclusive offers, which so far look to be only time-exclusive offers.

Also, I'm not saying that 3600 crowns or 4000 crowns or even 2500 crowns is cheap, but what I'm saying is that it's not the most expensive mount to date and it's not at all out of line with even the pricing of quite old mounts (Dro senche, e.g.).
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Just a little perspective here:

The original Dwarven Spider mount was 3000 crowns. The blue-light special reskin was 4000 crowns. So, this reskin is also 4000 crowns, discounted by 10% for ESO+, so 3600 crowns.

I was perfectly happy to spend the 3000 crowns on the original spider mount, since I wanted it and thought it was cool. Plus, it was only 500 crowns more than the usual price of 2500 for limited-time mounts.

The Dro-m'Athra senche mount was 4,000 crowns when it came out years ago. The frost horse was 3500 crowns, and it came out even earlier, like within a year of the CS launching. The kagouti mounts were around 4k, iirc. This mount certainly isn't out of line with a lot of other limited-time mounts. It's even cheaper than the most expensive mount - the great stag, which was 4500 when it came out.

But, was I hoping for a more substantial discount? Yes, I was, but looks like we're only getting 10% discounts on exclusive offers, which so far look to be only time-exclusive offers.

Also, I'm not saying that 3600 crowns or 4000 crowns or even 2500 crowns is cheap, but what I'm saying is that it's not the most expensive mount to date and it's not at all out of line with even the pricing of quite old mounts (Dro senche, e.g.).

ah yes... this is more inline with what i was remembering.
    for some reason i could have sworn i paid 5000 for extreme rare mounts.
    so im not sure what i paid to be honest but your list seems more realistic, because to me 3600 does seem not as bad as what people are saying.
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah. Yes, it's a real deal... lol
    This mount is particularly ugly. I wouldn't want it even if it was for free.
    And I do not expect nice deals from ZOS for ESO+. It's a joke.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • Newpoint
    Newpoint
    ✭✭
    ZO$ says hey guys we know you subscribe to a buy to play game when you don't have to, so we're going to do you a solid. Buy this reskinned mount for a whopping 10% off! You can thank us later, that is if we're all not out of a job after giving you that ridiculous steep discount. See you whales later!